Thursday, November 16, 2006

A small milestone today!!!



Well everyone, I feel I need to share with all of you a success that I experienced today. Of course this has to do with my WW goals. This morning I weighed myself and it was at the lowest I've been, so I decided to get the old dress out of the closet and try it on again. The dress is what we wore at Marilyn's wedding when I was at my fittest. I WAS ACTUALLY ABLE TO BUTTON ALL THE BUTTONS ON THAT THING!!!!! Unbelievable! Naturally, it was butt tight, but it was all buttoned up and that just made my day. I guess I need these kind of
"markers" to make myself believe that I've really done something here. I had been getting a little down on myself over eating too many candies the other day and to get that dress to fit, just put all of that in its place. WW is the key people!! I know that it works because I'm living proof. It's not just about the points, but paying attention to their "tools for living" really helps out too. We all know that any weight problem we have starts and stops from the neck up. Boy, isn't that the truth. Keep up the good work you fellow WW people!!

I'm so excited that it is Friday tomorrow and Jim will be home by the time I get off work at 3pm. I miss getting the hugs everyday. One of our 10 year old patients came in this week and gave me a hug when she arrived and another hug when she left. What a sweetheart - it really made my day. I don't get too many hugs around that place! hahaha

Have a great weekend everyone. I love you all. A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Austin today!!! I look forward to seeing him on Saturday for his party. I haven't bowled in years and I'm really excited about it! Thanks Mr. Audie!!!

5 comments:

April said...

That's so great Barbie! You've been a tremendous inspiration. Trust me, you have. I brag about you and Steph and your weight loss success to lots of people all the time. You look cute as a little button! I have a pair of white jeans in my closet that are size 9 and haven't been taken off the hanger in YEARS. I guess the day I give them to the DI is the day I've really given up. But I continue to have hope I'll get there eventually...so I keep them! You can look forward to lots of hugs today! Can't wait to see you....just don't come till 2:00. hahahaha. Austin and I need to light a fire under us now and "get 'er done!" Mike's coming too. He'll be a big part of the entertainment I imagine!

Aunty Barbs said...

April, it was so much fun today at the bowling alley. It's been so many years since we went bowling. It looked like Austin & his friends had a great time too. Thank you very much for the invite! We need to get back to bowling more often. Maybe bring back the 4th of July annual "Stoddart Bowl"!!

Buffy said...

You go sista!!! Aren't you so happy. You have really done a great job. I know that feeling and am very happy for you. I too have done so well with my points. The scale finally got under the 140 mark. I was thrilled. My hard work is paying off. Keep it up lady. WW is the only way!!

Buffy said...

I forgot to mention how cute your hair is in that picture. Really cute on you. Aren't you just something else...so little and a cute hair style. :)

Aunty Barbs said...

Oh Ladies, you guys are so nice to me I say. Thanks for all the inspiring words and motivational "yee-haws"! (Do you think I could be related to Mother after that last comment??!! hahaha)