Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I've been out of touch....


Wow, it has been too long since my last post. Things here have been much different and it's taken me awhile to adjust to my new situation.

As you know Jim is working in Long Beach, CA during the week and he comes home on the weekends. The first week he was gone felt very strange, but I've noticed this week seems to be a lot easier for me. At first, I would stay up too late every night. I'm really trying to get myself in bed with the lights out by 11:00.

My office hasn't found anyone to replace me yet, so it's status quo for now. That might not be a problem since I feel like I could be here until spring. hahaha Jim seems to think that this place will be rented shortly, but I think he's just trying to be extra positive for my sake.

Every morning I go through the same drill in trying to keep the house nice and neat in the chance that our agent will show the house to a prospective renter. I am getting used to keeping the bed made, bathroom counters cleared, and the dogs stuff put up.

Our primary program is set for this Sunday and I have to practice the piano this week so that it isn't a complete failure (only for my part of it). I get really nervous and miss notes and fumble around on the keys if I don't feel prepared. Please pray for me to do well. I hope Mom can come to our meeting???? Hope you all have a great week.

Today's picture was taken from the plane flying over Alaska & Canada on our way to Japan.

2 comments:

Buffy said...

That is such a cool picture. I love it. I have missed your posts. Of course, I check everyday lady. I sure hope you are able to rent your place asap. I know it would be strange just seeing each other on the weekend. Good luck on the house. I'm going to bed now. I had a bunch of laundry to fold so I'm done and ready for my pillow.

April said...

Barbie I love hearing about your days. Sorry you're by yourself, but all of us are close in spirit and no too awfully far away. Hope you can still come bowling on Saturday. Austin's excited to have family come! Awesome picture!!! See you soon!