

It's back to work for me today. It went pretty smoothly overall, but I did get a little exhausted in the late afternoon having to get back into the crazy part of the day. It was fun sharing the Japanese treats and pictures with all the co-workers today. Some of the girls didn't take to easily to the mochi balls and rice cracker treats, but enjoyed their gifts and seeing the pictures of the trip.
I had a surprise yesterday afternoon when Marilyn, Megan, Mark, Branden and Cooper came over along with Mom and Dad for dinner. How great it was to see Marilyn & the kids. I got to hold the little sweet pea again. Cooper is the sweetest baby boy!!
It was also back to kickboxing tonight which proved to be very challenging to come back to. I hadn't done one sit-up in close to 3 wks. Ouch! That is what keeps me going every week - so I don't get out of shape - it's so much harder then.
Jim is now officially working in Long Beach starting tomorrow. It is going to be a transition for us to live apart during the week, but Mom & Dad were able to do it. I just hope I don't get too overwhelmed with the quiet!! Hey Steph, are you planning a road trip anytime soon? I need your kids to make some noise over here. hahaha April, need to get away for the night? Well, it hasn't even been one night and I'm worried I won't be handling this very well. I've gotten really spoiled I think always having Jim here. Have a great evening fellow readers of mine. Love you all so much!!
Monday, November 06, 2006
It's back to reality!
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
11/06/2006 06:56:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Great blog, Barbie! Love those pictures! Chibi and you look so cute...she is very nice, one can see that. Actually I don't know of any un-nice Japanese people. Oh, being alone is plain hard to get used to..I never did! Glad it's different now. I'll bet the folks where you work enjoyed their goodies! Fun!! Love, Mom ps We did have a nice evening, everything turned out so good! Thanks, Steph, for the recipe! XOXOOX
Lady, I love your pics. You are so cute with Chibi. Don't tell me you are worrying about a little quiet....I'm gonna die. Of course, I am ready for a bit of quiet and you need the noise. See how we always want what someone else has. I bet reality is a bit hard to get back to. I'm glad to hear you guys had fun yesterday. I miss those get togethers. I will be down at Thanksgiving time. Good to have you back. We will be sure and check in on you while Jim is away. :)
Thank you Ladies! I've walked the dogs and gone to Golds, now what? I think I will read the sample ballot and figure out what to vote on tomorrow and where.
I'm leaving the organizing of the bathroom drawers and cupboard for tomorrow night. Can't wait to see you Steph at Thanksgiving!
Loved it all Barbie! So you're looking for things to do. If I were you, I'd pick up the latest John Grisham book and get reading it. All my kids are out of school the whole Thanksgiving week. Maybe we can come out and see you, if you're still there (or wherever you are..) I'll call you if I can't come out. Love you too!! Sorry for all the teasing about the boys when you were little. I don't remember it, but I know that was my nature. Heck, I was walking around with a corn kernel for a front tooth...a walking target of sorts since the tether pole incident...I probably did some lashing out I shouldn't have. So sorry for everything!!!
April, I brought that up because it is exactly what older siblings do to the younger ones. I don't even have a decent excuse like a corn kernal tooth to make up for the crap I gave Marilyn & Steph. It is nature - pure and simple, the younger ones are going to get slung with crap. It's been going on since Adam & Eve. hahaha I don't hold it against you. We were young kids for heaven sake!!
OK thanks....I feel better...Oops there goes some crap being slung at somebody right now. Gotta go!!!
Post a Comment