Thursday, November 02, 2006



It has been another great day still adjusting to the new time. We woke up at 9:45 this morning and felt groggy for an hour or two and then started getting some energy. Wow, it feels good to feel good. We have been washing clothes, looking for houses to rent on the internet and just cleaning up after ourselves. How wonderful it is to have some days off of work to recoup and get things done around the house. I love that.

We got our pictures developed at Costco tonight and they turned out really nicely. I can't wait to show them to someone.

It is strange to think that Jim will be moving to Long Beach next week without me. He will be staying at his partner's guesthouse until we find a place. Of course, he will drive home on the weekends (I hope). This will be an adjustment for us for awhile.

I guess I could start eliminating any excess stuff around the house to get ready to pack. I have no idea how long it will take to rent this house to someone. I sure hope a nice family comes along that will treat this house like their own.

It's great to be back home with the babies (Mr. P'nut & Missy) and to be able to take them on walks every day. I had been craving oatmeal (of all things) during our trip, so I had that this morning for breakfast. Jim and I both realized on our trip that we need to start eating much smaller meals and including snacks during the day. That is pretty much what we did in Japan and I think it shrunk our stomachs eating smaller meals. We'll see how long this lasts -hahaha.

3 comments:

Buffy said...

Lady, it is good to have you back in the states. The pics are great. I can't wait to see them. That means get your *@#* up here. I'm sure it has been hard adjusting to the time. At least you don't have kids that are forcing you to be awake and all the while you are suffering. I know your babies are happy to have you and Jim back. I love all of the pics that you have posted. Good of you guys. That is classic of Jim on the floor.

Aunty Barbs said...

Yes Lady I will have to get my rumpacitas up to your place I say.

Jim was cracking up at something I said right before I took that picture I think. It is totally classic Jim (or Jimbo is what Taka & Chibi call him).

April said...

I love those pictures. How about putting together a slide show for us all and we'll bring the meal and you give us a travelogue about the trip. Maybe on Thanksgiving depending where we all end up.