Monday, July 30, 2007

Family Reunion / Harborlites

Well, I'm back to the computer and trying to get back into a normal schedule. The Ball Family Reunion was a blast!!! We had so much fun. We all met at Knott's Berry Farm on Thurs for lunch, then Friday did a temple session at the Newport Beach Temple. I hadn't ever been inside that temple and it is sooooo beautiful!! The ocean paintings in the rooms are really pretty. A lot of our extended family was there and my cousin Bob & his wife Sue were there too. What a wonderful experience. Then, we had a luau party at the Newport Bch Stake Center right next to the temple. Great food, games, lots of laughs, and a hoola hoop contest. I didn't know that Mitty was such a great hoola hooper - he could have gone all day with that thing!!!

Saturday, we all met at Irvine Park for a picnic, family business, games & a lot of water fights (hahahaha). What a great time we had. It was sooo hot though. I think I've gotten really spoiled with this "by the beach" temps! It rarely gets over 80 degrees and there's always a nice breeze. I had to leave a little early to get to a performance at the Ontario Marriot by 4:30. Fortunately another friend in Harborlites lives in Orange, so I used her shower (I was so hot and sweaty from the park) and got ready there. What a lifesaver that was - we didn't end up performing until almost 10pm!!! So, I pulled into my driveway on Sat. at midnight!!! I'm sooooo tired still. I'm glad to have that performance behind me - I still need to work really hard on getting the choreography down on a few of our songs.

I'm on the Public Affairs council and we put on a service fireside Sunday night. It was a huge success and the couple that spoke on their "service mission" to China really had a nice presentation.

Needless to say, I'm pooped!!! I'm really taking it easy today and tomorrow before I start working fulltime on Wed. That's the update folks - it was great seeing all of my family and extended family (cousins,aunts,uncles, etc...).

3 comments:

Buffy said...

Love the recap. I can't believe you didn't perform until 10pm. That made for a long day. I think we pretty much pulled into our driveway at the same time you did.

I'm cleaning and all I have left is to unpack my suitcase. Yeah!! The kids folded a few loads of laundry and put them away. It is so nice when they are big enough to help. :D Have an easy Monday!!

Amie said...

I'm glad you have a couple of days to recover! It sounds like a crazy weekend. I love getting to see everyone and feeling connected to family after just being to busy (and lazy) to make the effort I should.

April said...

Great recap, Barbie! I loved the Newport temple too. The beach murals were really amazing when I walked through the open house. Thanks for all your help. There would not have been any slideshow if you hadn't had your lap top there. It all worked out pretty well though.