Sunday, July 08, 2007

A NEW WEEK!

I love Sundays and that it is a new week. I'm going to be working 3 days this week instead of 2 and our ward is planning a temple trip on Wed. morning which will be nice. Tomorrow I'm meeting my visiting teacher for lunch. It will be great to get to know her. I think I'd feel better if I knew a few more of the ladies at church. Another lady in our ward invited me to her house for a baby shower of someone I don't know, but baby showers are great events to get to know people. I miss going to some of those baby showers for people in the Palm Springs ward - they knew how to party!!! hahaha

We really relaxed this weekend and went out to see the movie "Transformers" which was sold out so we saw "1408". Wow, was that a scary movie. I definitely would recommend it to anyone that loves a scary show! It did the job! You know you've found a scary flick when 3 people walk out after about 20 minutes! hahahaha I'm usually pretty stoic through these types of shows, but I was cutting off blood supply to Jim's arm.

I really need to get back on track with my work-outs at the gym. Last week was the first time back to kick-boxing and it felt great!! I'm going to add one more class to the schedule this week. Wish me luck!!! Oh, thanks Mom for helping me put that picture frame together - it looks really nice over the fireplace. I love how you put the figurines into the cabinet too! If you hadn't helped, they would still be in the box.

3 comments:

Amie said...

I like the new blog picture. I also love the start of a new week. Somehow I always think I will be the new me (do you think I will ever catch on?).... it sounds like you have a busy week. You are so good to get out and make friends in the ward. I need to recommit to that as well.

Have a great week. I loved seeing the pictures of the kids and your dogs.

Buffy said...

Nice weekend Lady!! Get out and show these ladies how to party. You know just how to have a good time. Good luck this week with your workouts....you will feel so good to get out and move.

Dar said...

Hey, thanks to Al, it always takes someone coming over to get the lead out!! Hahhhaha.... April and the kids came last night and so yesterday I was motivated to get things put into order so we could all have a good time...things got done!!! I always amaze myself! Wish I could do it for just me, but that just doesn't work for me.
Was the movie dark or was it just suspenseful?
Loved the picture of the lily pond. XOXOOX, Ma