Thursday, August 02, 2007

Back to work again!!!

Well, it's official - I'm back working full time and already enjoying it. I will still be in "training" until August 17th, but the lady I'm taking over for was out sick today and it gave me time to really sit at the desk myself and take it all in. I took the calls that came in and went through my inbox throughout the day without too much pain and agony (haha). It was great because I was able to look through things and write down a ton of questions I have for my predecessor when she comes back. Basically, it was a great exercise for me to be there by myself.

Good news on the singing front....I have now passed the first of two visual qualifications for the choreography part of our contest package. They videotaped the entire chorus one night and then the choreo team looks at each person and evaluates them on the tape (no pressure huh?!). Fortunately, they must have been generous to me and qualified me on this first time. I've been working my bunnies off for months now, so it's nice to have something behind me.

I will be getting a new calling in my ward working in the Primary. They will be releasing me on Sunday from the Public Affairs Committee. This was a great surprise for me - I've really been missing being in Primary. I love to hear all the funny things that come out of the kids mouths.

2 comments:

Dar said...

Barbie, that's wonderful about getting the choreo down!! Great!!! I had no doubts! You will again, be great in Primary! We need you in ours! Love you honey AND thank you and Jim again and again, for the wonderful hospitality I feel there at your home. The bed is impossible to stay awake in!! Hahahhaa..try as I might! I read for about 10 minutes, then I'm out!! Love you!! Mom

Amie said...

I bet you are great in primary. I SO appreciate the good primary workers. The kids deserve/need great teachers/presidency.

Congrats on your dancing skills. Impressive. Having to try out alone would be enough to scare me away!