Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Work, singing, and more work....

Hello Everyone! This week started off pretty good with cleaning house/ironing/wash on Monday, Harborlites Chorus rehearsal from 6:00-10:30 on Monday night. The chorus actually kicked it into a higher gear this week and you could really tell the difference with everyone working at a a+ level. That's when it gets exciting. I'm still struggling with the choreo moves on 2 of the songs, but practice makes perfect. It's very hard to practice the moves we do as a chorus on the risers at home by myself. There are 2 ladies in the group that are doing a "get fit" routine and giving hints on how to lose weight and be more physically active. One of the ladies is pretty big (over 100 lbs to lose) and the other is a fitness nut! They call themselves "Hansel & Grissel". hahaha It's pretty funny.

I will be working Tues/Thurs & Fri until Aug. 1st, then I'll start working full time again. It will be soooooo nice to start bringing home "full-time checks". I'm tired of not being able to freely do some shopping. I've been using an older pair of glasses instead of getting new ones made to replace the ones that are broken. This is a high dollar item that I can do without for now. Also, just because I'm tired of seeing the same clothes in the closet doesn't mean they're worn out. Just putting this in writing makes me get even more excited to start making some more money. I wish $$$ did grow on trees right now.

I'm getting my hair done this afternoon and I need to come up with a new style. I've really got a mop up top right now and it just isn't me. It's making me feel like junk about myself and I need to do something fast!!! Good news on the exercising front - I made it to kickboxing class last night. It was really hard, but that always motivates me to keep going so that it becomes easy which really does happen. It's like magic!!!

Hopefully everyone is well and having a great time this week. Keep smiling everyone - it really does wonders. Oh, and try to have a belly-roll laugh attack once in awhile too! (I love that!!)

5 comments:

Dar said...

Oh, for sure!!! The belly-roll is great! Marilyn is coming tonight; she and Greg and the boys are coming to spend the night .... I have a couple things to do!

It will be great to get a paycheck...I can join in that chorus!

Glad the Harborlites chorus is becoming fun...and it will just get better!

Mike got the go ahead to go back up there...he's so pumped up about it! He loves it up there! Hahahha... It's getting a bit wearisome for Dad..I think he misses home.

Love you!! Mom

Buffy said...

The "full time checks" will be nice for you I'm sure. IT was fun talking the other night. I'm glad you are enjoying the Harborlites more. I'm looking forward to seeing you next week. I like how that sounds :D. See ya soon.

April said...

You lucky duck getting big paychecks and going out for some shopping and special treatment. Must be nice. The Harborlites sounds like such fun. I love how they really get into it. When can we come see a show? I hate having been out of the loop for so long. Look forward to seeing you at the reunion next week.

April said...

PS. Tell us about the new picture at the top of your blog. Very nice, but where is it???

Amie said...

I would love to see one of your performances. It sounds like you guys work so hard!

I love to laugh, it can make my whole day.

If only working full time was required for the paycheck.... could I be any more lazy?