Monday, June 04, 2007

I can't believe it's June!!!

I can't believe it's June already. Where did the time go??? Mom and I had such a great time up at Stephanie's house last week. It was great to play with the kids and be up there for Casey's 6th Birthday Party. Mom and Steph made up a treasure hunt for pirates and we all dressed up and had the kids find the clues and the treasures hidden in the sand. There is a great beach park at Avila Beach with a pirate ship playground for the kids. What fun that was.

Thank you Steph & Todd for letting me stay at your place. I'm sure glad Stephanie's hair turned out - it was touch and go for awhile. hahaha

Mom and Dad stayed over last night and we all had dinner together. Then Mike came by after fishing and ate too. We all watched a movie and the tennis match. Of course we did a lot of laughing...(at night). Haha I was able to go and see Mike's new place today. It is really nice and spacious! I'm so glad he has a nice place to live and kick back in. Great TV too!

I'm excited about this week - tonight is Harborlites and we're taping 2 more songs that we have to be graded on. Basically, we hold our tape recorders in front of our mouths with the entire chorus and sing the songs. The "tape listeners" then grade us and send us back our tapes with a score sheet to tell us how to improve or correct ourselves. Tuesday (tomorrow) is my orthodontist appt. out in the desert. I'm always happy to go because it means one appt closer to getting them off!!!

Have a great week everyone! I'll post last weeks pictures tomorrow.

5 comments:

Buffy said...

Loved the recap! I am wishing you were still here. I love have everyone over. We had fun. At least I did!! Lady, you are my YC partner.....what am I going to do without you?! That was fun. I will need to work on more concoctions for the next time. Thanks for all of your help. It was so fun!! Too bad Todd was out of commission. We seemed to have a good time eventhough he was sick. :D Have fun tonight!

April said...

Sounds like you all had a blast. Melody is so funny--she said the other day: "Maybe we should just call Stephanie and SHE can tell us how to get to her hotel again!" We've got to get back up there. It was easier when they were young and I was telling THEM what we were going to do. Now THEY are always telling ME where they have to be...all different places of course. I can just hear the fun you must have had with Mike! Have you been out on the boat yet? I would be so embarassed to have to sing into a microphone like that. Oh my gosh! Tell us more...

Dar said...

Oh, now I remember.....I wrote out a reply but it wouldn't take my password. April's did that, too! Let's see if this works. I love the blog, had fun reading it and reliving our fun time!! Hope we can do it soon, again. Maybe Steph will be alright and can come down next week. Oh, but you'll be w o r k i n g...... :) Love you !!! Mom

Aunty Barbs said...

I'm only going to be working part-time and on a temp basis for people that are out on vacation until probably the end of August. Don't worry, I'll be able to party plenty with y'all. hahaha

Aunty Barbs said...

Just thinking about how much fun we had at the YC makes we want to make a quick trip again! mmmm good. ;D