Hi Kids! It's another cool and cloudy Tuesday morning. I'm loving this weather here. Having it be in the 60's in May is unbelievable!!!
I am absolutely worn out this morning after Harborlites last night. Of course it was the usual 6:15-10:30 standing on the risers, but Pam (our director) was really kickin our butts last night. She was lecturing us about how little time we had left before competing in Calgary. She was right, we basically have 14 rehearsals. That's not a lot. Plus, we were taping another 2 songs. We have to pass our tapes, meaning we tape ourselves singing the songs and then they get graded by one of the "tape listeners". I got back my tape from last week and the section leader actually came to me in person and said I had a really good tape! For only having the music for 2 wks when the entire chorus has been singing these songs since last October, that was saying something! I'm bragging a little on myself. I didn't expect to have such good comments, because it didn't feel like I really knew what I was doing. Great surprise! Last nights taping won't be as good I'm sure. They give you a master cd with all the songs on it to learn, but since the cd was made, the chorus has changed the way they sing the song, and the songs we taped last night hadn't been sung very much in the last month that I've been there. Oh well, sorry to bore you with these details, but it made for a really long and tiring rehearsal.
Yesterday was great! I was able to take Quizno's over to Grammy's house for lunch and brought some old pictures I'd found for her to look at. We had a nice time. Then, in telling her about where I've been walking the dogs down by the beach, she wanted to get ready and go for a ride. I drove her down to the little "green belt" area just one street inland from the water down in Seal Beach. Our little drive wouldn't be complete without a trip to Golden Spoon on the way home!! She loved it!
Jim is having his nuclear heart scan test today and tomorrow, so he's a little nervous about it. I'm confident that he will feel much better after he gets the results. I'm sure he'll pass with flying colors!
Have a great week everyone! Love you all.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Another cloudy day!!!
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
5/22/2007 08:37:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow, Barbie! All that singing and practicing!! GOOD JOB on the cd! They'll have you doing the grading again, just watch!
I appreciate your doing that for Grammy, I know she loved it! She told me so with such enthusiasm. She said it was a great day, until....UNTIL the lights went out and they were in the dark for a while. AS they sat there, stunned by the black out, Sal told her to stay where she was and he would make his way over to her. She said, NO, I'll come over to where you are and so they both got up and he fell. All the neighbors were out and they decided to call 911 for Sal. So, he got picked up and taken to the hospital and Grammy stayed there and went to bed early, being quite tired out by the whole experience. Soooo, we hope Sal is ok. No doubt he is.
Take care Barbie and I'll be talking to you soon. Glad Jim's testing will be completed today and he can no doubt relax and enjoy good health!
Love you so!! Mom
That's awesome Barbie! Your the master...we all knew and now you can too! No doubt you had your part down after a couple run throughs. You've had so much extensive singing experience. That's great. Grammy gets so much of a thrill out of just simply having some company. I've always thought she was so easy to please...actually I take that back :D Hahaha! She just loves somebody to talk to. And to get to take a drive must have made it a perfect day for sure. I can guarantee she is bragging about you to all her friends about now. She loves having something to "tell". I guess we're all that way :D
Post a Comment