Monday, May 14, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPH!!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPH!
Stephanie is one of my 3 great sisters I've been blessed to have. Siblings are so precious because they're the ones that we truly will be here on earth to share this time with. We will probably out-live our parents and spouses, but our siblings will still be around. I often think about how much fun we will have when we're old together.

Stephanie has so many great qualities about her. I am always so proud to let people know she's MY sister!

She's loving, kind-hearted, understanding, smart, motivated, driven (when she wants to be), a great example, talented, loves to have fun, loves to laugh, loves her family, has always wanted to be a Mother, loves to keep her house clean, organized, keeps a watchful eye on her children, a great Mother and wife.

I have so many fun memories of growing up with Steph. I have often told people the story of that one Thanksgiving that Steph and I stayed up really late watching "Pretty Woman" (I think) and we kept taking turns making each other Thanksgiving left-overs in the kitchen. A little roll here, a little mashed potatoes and gravy there....and on and on.... It was a great time. When we were little, we shared a room together at one time - she would love to have the room so clean and neat that she would clean up my stuff too. I shouldn't have let her do it, but I will never forget how great it was that she would do that. Our trip up to Washington will always be up there on my list of the great times I've had with Steph. Of course, the time we lived together in Anaheim Hills was a lot of fun too. I remember Stephanie helping me until 12:30am make a cake for Jim's birthday. Unfortunately, I didn't have her put the cakes together because I flipped them the wrong way and they started to fall. Jim didn't mind - it was Chocolate and it had loads of frosting on it (that is his only requirement!). I remember going with Stephanie and her friend to a rock concert and we ended up getting tickets down in the pit right in front of the stage. That was a blast! Camping up at Joshua Tree with her and Todd! What a great time. Remember trying to go to the bathroom in the bushes that night - it was sooooooo loud! We thought we'd waken the entire campground.

Thanks Steph for being such a great sister to me. I can always tell Stephanie things and she won't act at all surprised or give me any look of judgment or disapproval. I love that!! (That must have taken a lot of control Steph, haha)

Steph, I hope you have a great birthday today and soak it up for as long as you can. I love you!!!

5 comments:

Buffy said...

Thanks lady!! I loved reading about all of the fun memories. Thanks for bringing them all back to life. Thanks for all of the nice compliments. I appreciate that lady. I wish I were closer so that we could all be together to have more fun. Todd had me come up for lunch today and then I think we will hit YC after dinner tonight. It's been nice. Time to hit the pavement with Em and El. I told Em we would walk up to the market and get a treat. :D Thanks again for thinking about me today. Love you too!

Dar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunty Barbs said...

Wow, the YC!!! I love that place. I hope you ended up going there and that you had a nice day.

April said...

I loved hearing all those stories. I've never heard them before. Sounded like a blast. I could just picture the camp scene and only imagine the out-of-control hysterical laughing. So many good things about Steph. What does YC stand for? They didn't teach us that at Mensa....Hahahaha!

Aunty Barbs said...

The YC is a yogurt place up by Steph's house that stands for Yogurt Creations. You're able to serve up your own comb. of yogurt and toppings and then they weigh it at the end to pay. It's the best!