Friday, May 18, 2007

Great weekend ahead!



It's Friday!!! It's been a busy week with plenty of singing rehearsals. Monday night was Harborlites so I was standing on the risers from 6:15-10:30. Then on Wednesday night we had a sectional rehearsal with the Lead & Bass section singing from 7-9:45. It can take it all out of you. I don't think I'm back into the swing of it yet. Besides that, it was never this intense back when I was a member 10 yrs. ago. We're practicing for Int'l competition and it gets turned up several notches!

I bought my airfare for Calgary, so that is out of my mind. I'm flying on WestJet. It's like JetBlue for Canada. It had the lowest airfare, so it looked good to me.

Tonight is a rehearsal at church for our stake choir. We're singing in the temple tomorrow. We are commemorating 50yr. anniversary of the Los Angeles Temple dedication. I'm getting excited about it.

I'm going to see if I can bring lunch over to Grammy before her hair appt. this afternoon. I love this cloudy morning weather over here. It's about 58 degrees and will warm up to 70 by this afternoon. Wow, can you believe the month of May being this cool. Last year at this time, it was probably over 100 by now in the desert. I do miss being close to Mom and my old job.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

4 comments:

Dar said...

Barbie dear...that will be so rewarding! Wish we could be there, too.

I love you and know there are many things that you will do (and have already done) on which your name is inscribed...make NO mistake~~ It's just a matter of timing and its not ours to dictate. I know you already know that...I'm just stating a fact we already know. Tomorrow will be a very special day, please put our names in. Love you!! Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi lady,
I was just going over my old emails and I read a message that said, "Why don't you leave me a message?" - my heart dropped a few inches and I was bound and determined to figure out how to leave you a message. I did it! Wow you're going to Calgary. How fun that will be for you. Can we go to any of your performances locally? Just got done eating a smore using the stove to roast the marshmallows and choc chips. Sorry I didn't make it to the party on Mother's day. I heard your chicken salad was delicious!

Bye for now
Love,
Marilyn

Aunty Barbs said...

Marilyn!!! How great it is to see your message! I fully understand how busy you are, so don't worry. It's nice to see your name there! Love it! I sure wish you guys could have come too! Love you!

April said...

I'd love to come hear you guys too. Let us know!