Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy PRESIDENT'S DAY!!

How wonderful it is to have a paid day off after my first week of a new job. It couldn't have happened at a better time. All of the learning and concentrating that goes on learning a new job, last week felt like 6 wks!!

Jim and I were commenting on how we are starting to miss the "pace" of the desert and how we did enjoy living there for that reason. It was a smooth transition for us coming from Kona. I think I'm going through some "normal" anxiety after going through such a move, house stuff, new job, etc. I'm trying to remember that these feelings are normal and I need to give it some time to adjust.

Jim really helped out in the house this weekend unpacking even more boxes and organizing things. He's very good about setting out to do it and getting stuff dealt with. I think I gave up on it a little and need his help. I've been sick this whole weekend and am very thankful I've had this time to get better instead of heading off to work masking my symptoms with Sudafed!

Today is a much better day even if it is raining here. I love the rain and I know we really need it badly right now. I'm doing a little cleaning/washing and then sitting back down for awhile to rest. It feels good having things get cleaned up.

This Wednesday a group of Jim's pilot friends are all getting together for dinner at Lawry's. There will be 8 of us going. Should be a real rip-rourer with Rene' Silverman there. She can send a normal festive gathering to a whole new level (good and bad) hahaha. It will be great to be with old friends again. When will this feeling of being "out of the loop" go away?? I'm so impatient with it. Please give me some of your wisdom.

Have a great day everyone! Love you all.

3 comments:

April said...

Hey, the fact you're getting invited to go out with an old group of friends sounds like you're IN the loop to me. Glad your job is coming along. It always takes time before you know it all like the back of your hand. You'll get there. They must have some real confidence in you working out for the position to take you into the deep, dark corridors of the unconscious.... I'm at a loss of words as to how to describe it. Sounds really important. Brings to mind an old comment Bryan used to use when refering to when he would be made V.P. He's say, now I finally get to go talk about "things & stuff." I think they've thrown you right in to the complex conversations on "things & stuff" reserved only for the most important employees to the operation, including you!

April said...

How come nobody else has posted anything in a while? Has there been a power outage that I didn't hear about??? Hope your ok. Get your doctor to revive you if you don't feel like updating the blog. Hahaha!!! Love,April ps. I got those tickets in the mail for the byu folkdancers show. The four of us are set for Thursday night, a week from tomorrow. I'll get to Mark's work at 4:45, then come to your place. I think that's the earliest we can do. What about you guys? The show's at 7:30.

Buffy said...

Oh lady, it will all be old hat in a moment's time. Hold your head up and smile...you are a great worker and people love you. I know exactly how you are feeling moving to a new place. Once you get a calling at church, you will be in the know. :)