Wednesday, February 14, 2007

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Ok Steph, I've been officially tagged....

6 Strange Things about me: (This won't sound strange for people that know me well).

1. I will sometimes take 2 showers per day (in Hawaii sometimes 3). I have to feel clean unless I'm camping and I will do my best under those circumstances.

2. I ride a motorcycle (I would own a Harley and get fully decked out in "leathers", going on long trips if I was tall enough to sit on one.)

3. I love guys (just Jim) with gray hair and some lines on their faces. (Mom, you too??? hahaha)

4. I get depressed when I HAVEN'T been to the movie theatre in awhile (meaning longer than 2 wks). Jim and I feel exactly the same on this one. If we haven't gone on the weekend because of other committments, we'll go after work just to get "a show" in.

5. I hate to go "shopping". If I need something, I will go to the exact place where I know I'll find it and then buy it and GO! I don't like the wandering, feeling the stuff, aimlessly looking for things. YUCK! I'd rather shop online and never enter a store. (I have to say I'm liking the trying on of clothes a lot more now since WW changed my life! haha)

6. When it comes to food, I'd be such a happy camper if I could take my stomach to a "filling station" and be done with it everyday. (I guess food has been the enemy too many years of my life.) If I could come up with a better way to get together with friends than to meet for food, I'd really be happy!!! Weird, huh?!


The things that I love.....

1a. My loving husband Jim - he really takes great care of me and loves me back!!!

1. Having all of my family together talking and having fun!

2. I love the feeling of getting into bed clean and with fresh sheets! Also, to always have my bed made up.

3. The smell of bread and cookies baking in the oven.

4. Golden Spoon yogurt (small size with Peanut Butter & Cake Batter with Reese's peanut butter cups on top!) YUM

5. A clean & freshly shaved face to touch.

6. A clean house that smells of floor cleaner! (Having a maid is nice too!)

7. The smell of the ocean breeze and watching the waves crash - it is soooo relaxing!

8. I love really scary roller coasters. The scarier the better. Especially with big drops that make your stomach fly up into your throat!

9. I love Saturdays when I can get up, put on jeans and t-shirts and just play the entire day (which means we'll be going to the theatre for a movie!!!)

10. I anticipate that the feeling of having these braces off will top my list!

8 comments:

April said...

Great list. I found myself agreeing with a lot of them. I'm surprised we feel the same about so many things. Just how many points is that frozen yogurt treat?? Sounds good. I'm still thinking about my list. Hmmm. I'm realizing there's a reason why the unusual things are unknown. Hahaha!

Aunty Barbs said...

That's true! That's why it's hard to come up with the strange ones because we don't usually let those out of the bag!! haha

Aunty Barbs said...

Oh, the yogurt I spoke of...3 pts for a small size and then I count 1 more point for the measly little bits of peanut butter cup, so 4 total. I prob should count another point, but what the heck...it's worked so far!!

April said...

I agree. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

April said...

I was just thinking... I wonder if anybody in your new office would know of the guy who was Papa's cardiologist way back when? I think his name was Dr. Eisenstein out of Long Beach. Papa was a real trooper going to all those dinners held by the "mended hearts club." This might be a way for you to get your heart checked out on that treadmill echocardiogram deal they did to me. It was quite an ordeal. They had to have the doctor a couple nurses and the ultrasound techie in their in case something went wrong.

Dar said...

JUST FYI, DR REDDING DID PAPA'S HEART BY-PASS IN '80. MAYBE PAPA WENT TO EISENSTIEN AFTERWARD, BUT REDDING WAS THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GREAT JOB ON HIS ARTERIES...THEN AFTER 16 YEARS PAPA HAD ANOTHER ANGIOGRAM AND FOUND HIS ARTERIES WERE ABSOLUTELY CLEAN OF ANY BUILD-UP. MAYBE EISENSTEIN DID THE 2ND ANGIOGRAM. GOOD NIGHT, GIRLS!! LOVE, MOM

Buffy said...

I loved your list lady. Yes, we have all come out of the same mold. I love that we all share so many similarities. How much I miss Golden Spoon. There is nothing like the Spoon. Consider yourself lucky to have access to one. hahaha:). HOpe you feel better tomorrow.

Aunty Barbs said...

Thanks for your messages Ladies. Steph, you might be missing Golden Spoon, but I've often thought of the YC(Yogurt Creations) since being up at your place - there's nothing like being able to top your own!