Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I GOT THE JOB!!!! YEAH!!!

Hello everyone, I just had to let everyone know that I got a job finally. I know it hasn't been that long since I started looking (2 1/2 wks), but sometimes it feels like forever.

I sent my resume out to this cardiology office on Monday and got a call back that same day. I spoke with the nurse doing the hiring and we set up an interview yesterday morning at 10:30. It went very well and she wanted me to meet one of the Dr.'s I'd be working for. He was busy at the time so I agreed to come back later that day. He was really nice and we had a nice chat. Then, the nurse called back 1 1/2 hours later to offer me the job. When we spoke, I mentioned the planned BYU Women's Conf. so she said she would speak to the Dr. about it today and get back to me. Needless to say she just called and it's a GO! I'm so relieved that I can stop doing this interviewing stuff! I hate this whole process. I'd rather be working for years and years at a job that I only kind of like instead of this process. I'm a freak I know. hahaha

The best part about this job is that I can wear scrubs to work if I want. It's an option which is nice.

I'd better get all my laundry done and errands run while I have a few more days left of FREEDOM!!!! Marilyn and I are going to meet for lunch tomorrow off of Weir Cyn. and I'll get to see Coopie too!

Hopefully everyone is feeling better today! Thanks for all your support. Love you!

4 comments:

April said...

Barbie, that's great news for you. I'm so glad that you can still do the conference!!! I'll give you my immediate thoughts after reading your blog...I was picturing this as a blessing in disguise for mom and dad in case they were caught without insurance and having a heart problem. It's a horrible thought, but I wouldn't be surprised, the way blessings come to mom and dad in such a roundabout way sometimes. That part about preferring to stay in the same job rather than ever hunting around again....Without naming any names, I think I know where you got that from...haha!

Dar said...

I just wrote a great blog reply!!! But it didn't work out...I could'nt remember my password..don't know why! Then I could'nt get back to it. Darn! GREAT BLOG!!...LOVE YOU!! MOM

Buffy said...

Barbie, that is awesome. I knew you had nothing to worry about. April's comment is great. I talked with Marilyn today and was envious of your meeting for lunch. Good job on getting the job. They will love you there.

Aunty Barbs said...

Steph, I didn't think of it yesterday, but we could have been really bad and called you while having lunch. hahaha That would have been really mean Lady #3