Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's been a very nice day!

I was able to meet Marilyn & Coopie for lunch today at El Torito off Weir Cyn. It was so great to visit with Marilyn like the ol' days. It was short and sweet and probably my last "out to lunch" with her for awhile since I'm starting my new job on Monday.

Jim had an annual meeting tonight so I'm here by myself and I get a knock at the door and I can tell there's 2 people standing there. From the dining room I said hello, but no sound. Once I got closer I could tell that the one man was wearing a white shirt and tie. Oh, it must be a missionary. I'm still a little freaked about living in a new neighborhood and with Jim being gone, I locked the deadbolt (you have to use a key to lock/unlock it). So I grabbed my keys and opened the door. One missionary and the brother from my ward that teaches the gospel essentials class. We met at church on Sunday and he's a convert (about 1 year) and I told him that Jim was not a member. It was nice that they came by and the missionary offered his services if I needed some boxes moved or any help with the moving process. They are both very nice. I did tell them that they scared me because I wasn't used to having people come over. At least they got me off the couch and motivated to tackle a few more boxes which I did.

Jim is going to be home earlier than expected so that is great! It's awfully quiet here without him.

I'm planning on going to the LA Temple tomorrow morning for a session so I can be back before the bad traffic. Wish me luck with that one. The traffic here on the 405/605 seems to be a little more routine than say the 91. I know I just haven't lived here long enough.

Grammy did manage to congratulate me on my new job, but I know it was hard for her to say. She really doesn't like the fact that I'll be working. Oh well, life has to go on....

Have a great weekend everyone. Love you all!

5 comments:

April said...

That sounds like fun. It sure brings back memories to hear you and Steph talk about going to the L.A. temple. That was my designated temple to go to from 88-93 and 96-04, so for about 13 years I went there as much as I could. Straight up the 405 back when I lived in Fountain Valley. It sure is pretty when you get to "temple hill". It was always extra special going there because we were sealed there as kids, then as an adult. You'll probably see a lot of familiar faces from time to time from Orange---actually, maybe not now that there's a temple in Newport Beach. Well, good for you--wish I was going!

Aunty Barbs said...

April, I thought about how nice it would be to have you there with me today. Even Jim asked if any of my sisters/Mom were going with me today. It was my last weekday of FREEDOM and I wanted to do it right! I ended up seeing a lady from Steph's ward in Arroyo Grande. Small world huh?!

Dar said...

How nice, Barbie. OH I wish I could go with you sometime, too. Well, we'll have to work out some evening where we can all meet and go and then do dinner afterwards and then separate to our various destinations. Have a really nice day!!! Love, Mom

April said...

Next year (this fall actually) will be a whole different story when I have all kids in school from 8:30 to 3:05.

Dar said...

WOW, APRIL, THAT WOULD BE SO NICE TO GO TO THE TEMPLE TOGETHER. WHAT GREAT OPPORTUNITIES WE HAVE!!! WISH OTHERS WOULD REALIZE AND JOIN US. LOVE, MOM