Monday, March 05, 2007

IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!!!

It has been way tooo long since I had a new entry, but I'm still adjusting to my new job. Things are going a lot better, but I still carry a bit of dread thinking about going in. I don't know why I do this except that my perception of things can get way off I think.

A few weeks ago in Relief Society, the teacher said something that really hit home for me. She said, "We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are." How true is that!!?? The way we feel about something is in direct relation to how we are "seeing" things at that moment. I know when I've heard about trying to not react to something that is negative because you have a choice really makes sense.

I hope everyone will have a great week. It would have been Steve Dawes' 38th birthday today. It is also my "Sunny-Girl's" birthday too. She is 9 yrs old. I hope she's still kickin it with Rufus-Henry in Kona. I'm sure they're doing great!

I set the alarm for 6:10am and got up to do my kickboxing that I taped from the FitTV channel. It was pretty good, but I can tell I've been out of it for awhile. I wasn't able to do the entire 1 hr routine, but I did 25 min of cardio and then abs and stretching. It was a good effort for the first time in 1 1/2 months!! I'm so ashamed of myself! This is what happens when you move out of your normal routine.

Let's all re-commit ourselves this week to a healthy eating/exercising routine. I know the rest of you are all doing it, but I need to say this to help me do it! Hey, this Saturday is the day I get this stupid bite-plate out of my mouth!!! I can't wait!!!!! What shall I eat after this??? hmmm??? Jim said he's going to take me to Rocky Mountain Choc. for a candy apple when these braces come off this summer. YEE HAW!!!!

I'm looking forward to our R.S. birthday dinner this Tuesday night. The ladies in my ward are sooooo nice and fiesty too! I love it! They said that I wouldn't be able to really know them unless I came on Tues night to see them really PARTY!! This was the R.S. President speaking. She used to be the Stake RS Pres for many years.

Keep up the good work everyone! Love you all!

5 comments:

April said...

Your R.S. birthday party sounds like great fun! Wish I could go too. Ours is a week from Wednesday. Good pep talk on the healthy stuff...Let's "just do it!" I've kept up the exercising but every day I get a call from one of these pesky probation officers that want to ruminate over and over on that robbery and what I think should happen....it just makes me want to bust out some girl scout cookies. For shame, for shame...I know. I've got a tablet for extremely stressful times, but I seem to forget about it in favor of something tasty. That's the story of MY weight dilemma. It's going to nothing short of a miracle for me to achieve something in that area. You and Steph are doing just great!!! Mom too!

Aunty Barbs said...

April, try to concentrate on how you will feel going to Women Conf weighing much less. Spend time each day trying to feel like that person that has lost weight and is feeling so great in their clothes. If you imagine it enough, your mind will want to accomplish it and it might trump out the quick fix (cookie eating) mentality.

Buffy said...

Barbie, I had been checking your blog for awhile and there was never a new entry so I hadn't checked in a couple of days. I was pleasantly surprised when I just clicked on and saw that you wrote. Lady, you are doing so great. I'm so happy for you to get that bite plate out. I know you will feel better. I'm with you on the get in shape. I've been sticking to it and it's working. I had to get serious to really see the results. I am happy with my progress.

Anonymous said...

That's great Barbie, I loved reading it. I am going to put that quote up in the next word puzzle...I'll write, "Ew tdno ese gntish asa tyeh rae, ew ese nights sa ew rea." It won't be hard, but it will make them think. That's always good. Good words of encouragement!!! You are a pepster for sure!!! A new week, a new effort, a new result!!! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Love, Mom THANKS BARBS!!!!!

April said...

Thanks Barbie. I'm doing better. Have a good weekend.