Monday, October 16, 2006


Well, it has been several days since my last entry so I'm overdue. I've been worried about my friends on the Big Island due to the earthquake. I tried to call a few people on Sunday but their cell phones didn't go through. I did hear that people mostly got shook up and didn't experience huge amounts of damage to their homes. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

We will be leaving for Japan in 1 week and it's countdown time!!! I'm very excited about being able to go back to Japan again. We will meet with our good friends, Taka & Chibi, in Osaka on Tues. afternoon (10/24) and will stay there for 3 days. We will know what's next when we get there (for the rest of the trip until 11/1).

I need to brush up on the few Japanese phrases that we've learned. Konichiwa, konbanwa, sayonara, sumimasen, adigato, etc....

3 comments:

April said...

Dang! You'll be gone awhile! Well, sounds like great fun. You better verify the plans before you go. Don't want any tourist stints over to North Korea or anything.... We'll miss you but love to see your pictures and hear about it when you get back! Love that picture of you with the kids. Good one!

Dar said...

Gee, where's my post?? I thought I sent one to you. I guess I sent it from my site. oh well...I'll get it someday, maybe! Hahhaa.. It was fun trying to walk the dogs last night. For sure, I'll take them one at a time!! Hahaha..There's no way. I'll bet the "dog run" burns as many calories as going to the gym and surely uses as many muscles to walk them as well! It was fun. I miss them, good ol' Mittah P'nut,and frisky Little Miss! Hadn't seen them "in a coon's age"...Boy, that expression comes from a long way back. Dad-dad used to say that. And let's see, Holy Mackeral, Come Ye-thaz, Yaw-thaz, Uhhhh-huhhhh, Holy Come Jumpin' Catfish, Great Scots of E-mul-sion of Cod-a Liver Oil, (and there really was something called that...I saw it in Rite-Aid). Those phrases were all said with great expression! I guess he was choosing to say those things INSTEAD OF...other expletives! Talk to you later! Love, Mom

Buffy said...

Lady,
That picture makes me miss you being here even more than I do already. I look forward to seeing you on Saturday before your big trip. Sounds fun but the flight over doesn't appeal to me too much. It's a long trip. You guys will have fun.

I heard about the earthquake. Our bishop was over there and planning to leave to come home that day. He had to stay an extra day and I believe is coming home today. He said he was on the 23rd floor of the hotel when it hit and boy did it sway he said. I hope all of your friends are ok.