
Today turned out to be another wonderful fall day in the desert. It was overcast with gray puffy clouds blanketing the sky and with a slightly cooler feel to the air. Gorgeous! I love it here in the fall/winter. By the end of the summer I start to wish that I lived up at 10,000 ft. somewhere and had to wear a ski parka, gloves, and knitted beanie to leave the house. I guess it's obvious I've never lived in that climate.
It is Thursday and lately, that means it is weigh day at Weight Watchers. I'm very happy to report that I am down 2.4 lbs!!! This is very exciting folks. One more week and I will officially be a LIFE TIME MEMBER and get my "key" charm and my "gold card". Whoo Hooo!
I came up with a poem during my sleep last night and named it "My Brothers". I'm trying to remember bits and pieces of it. I'll keep working on it.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
10/05/2006 08:14:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Lady,
good to see you posting stuff for us to read. Ha ha!! Love the flowers. Good for you on the weight loss. That is exciting. I know how you feel so close to getting your lifetime membership. It is a big thing if you have ever done it. Serious perserverance it shows!! I"m proud of you lady. You will be proud of me that I lost another pound totalling 5 lbs. That is a lot right now for me. I'm just happy to see the scale trickling downward and not upward. I would love to read the poem once you remember it all.
Good job Steph on the 5lbs. That is great - I have no doubts that you will be back to your 115 lb. self really soon. That kind of makes me a little sick lady!!
I just love your beautiful pictures. Where do you find those things? Don't tell me they are just some snapshots you took around the house in Hawaii....are they??? Gorgeous!!! You are so awesome on the weight watchers. You and Steph both have done so well. Maybe the stick-to-it-iveness skips the oldest child in a family. I wish I could feel the same drive to succeed all 30 days of the month instead of just a few here and there. Help!
Thanks for your comments April, but as I recall you are the one with the most "I can do it" attitude and drive. All you need to do is imagine pulling energy up through the ground and up through your body like you're getting ready to fight and channel that feeling towards making good food choices each day instead of bad ones. That's all it takes. Hey, you like schoolwork so get some paper out and make a plan. If you write it down - it will happen!! Love you!
Barbie, Great poem! And what a great image about the pulling the energy up from the ground...wow, I could see it, I could feel it! Gonna do it! Thanks honey! Glad you want to try out some of the fun things I did as a child. Hahha. Hey, I went sailing with my school friend Timme in her dingy, ONCE....never again. It took us forever to tack back and forth across the bay once we got away from someone's boat ramp we got stuck on! Hahah...I was trying to push us off with one foot on the ramp and the other in the dingy...you can imagine how that went, I just about fell in! By the end of the day, I was done. Her dad had a nice sailboat we'd go out on. That was nice, but again, too quiet for me....made me too sleepy! I think I kept going with them because of her cute brother, Mike. HAhah... They asked me to go on that cruise with them from Olso, Norway down the coast of Europe, No.Afric, across the pond and through the Carribean islands,Panama Canal and home. I thought it would be great but I'd have to miss too much school. And, there was no way my dad, your PAPA would EVER go for that!!! It ended up they stayed way longer than ever thought and Timme had to repeat her sophmore year. It was kinda sad. But she sent great letters telling all about it. She came back and I lost touch with her. Years later I looked up her mom who said that she and Timme's dad were still living on that boat there in the Long Beach Marina!! In '63 they sold their home, plane, boat and Mercedes and had a 65' sailboat built in Norway. Then made the trip. Timme came back, and a few years later changed her name to Acacia and moved away. I don't know what became of her. Her mom is still there!! Wow, can you imagine?? I thought the office was small and confining!! That's what started my going to the Bay. It was easier to get to from the bus or to be dropped off at. Grammy would drop us off before she had to be at work, then we'd walk around Naples til the clouds burned off then we'd lay out at by Woodie's Goodies. Ahhh...Oh, I just thought of the time while at the bay, I got up and went to the snack bar for a soda and when I came back Timme was playing cards with some long-haired , derelect!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!! That was before hippies and long hair was NOT in!! I was so worried about her but didn't want to get close to him, so I just kept my eye on her and got all over her about that once she came back to our spot. I was very concerned about my friends. I watched out for them. I got plenty of practice before I had you kids! Love yous! Mom
Post a Comment