Wednesday, October 04, 2006



This is a great way to express your feelings about a variety of subjects and amazingly I feel free to do so.

There are many decisions that are made in a day that take up our energies, but writing down a few thoughts can be difficult to communicate.

Today was such a beautiful day - the air was relatively cool during the day (91 degrees) and we are very grateful for that. Living in the desert makes you appreciate 90 degree weather which probably sounds crazy. I can tell that fall has arrived and inside I want to shout at the top of my lungs how glad I am that the heat will be leaving shortly!

15 comments:

Dar said...

I love your blogspot!! So beautiful!! We did have a nice day. I will always have the nice memories of our lunches in the park. It will seem strange not having you out here, but hey, lived through it before, I can do it again! :o Hahaa..We can take walks through Naples just for fun like I did as a teenager. Maybe even sit on the wall at "the bay", then go for a frosty on 2nd St. Bye for now, and again, love your blogspot! Mom

April said...

Aunty Barbs, that is nothing short of awesome!!! I knew you be announcing it any minute. What's this about Naples? Are there are plans nailed down about a move? I love your picture. I also never want to experience another summer like that past one. It was the most unbearable in memory. Thank goodness for cool breezes! Good going!

Aunty Barbs said...

Thanks ladies. Well April Jim will be moving sooner than I will, but eventually we will be back to the BEACH where we belong. I know I'll spend more time with Mom out in LB than I do here in the desert. I'm anxious to experience the things Mom did as a teenager. I didn't know about the "frosty" on 2nd street, but it sounds delicious! I'll give more details as to the move when I know more.

Aunty Barbs said...

April, will I be closer to you?? I know I'll be the same time distance from Marilyn and closer by 2 hours to Steph!!

Buffy said...

Lady,
I think your blog surpassed the rest. It is AWESOME!! I love your profile. You do such a good job of expressing your feelings. What a good writer. I am so happy that you set it up. Now tell me how to post pictures. Why do I feel so clueless. I've got to change my template. Your's is beautiful. What is Coconut Wireless. Whatever it is I want to be back in Hawaii. Your blog takes me back to the wonderful days spent on the islands....so carefree and beautiful. I can't wait to go back. I think we may be going back next May or August. I better get my butt to the gym a little more often. I have lost 5 lbs. I think it has taken me a month but nonetheless it is down!!

Dar said...

Well I see Aunty Barbs is on! Great!! This is a great way for Grammy to keep up with y'all. Speaking of y'all, cousin Nancy called the other night; she was in LA on her way to Maui. Can you imagine the length of the flight and the hours it would take her to get there?? She lives 2 time zones away from here, making it a 5 hour difference in the summer time in Hawaii...yikes. She took her 18 year old granddaughter with her. She left me a message saying they were on their way. She called me again the next night and we talked. She sounded so tired but relaxed and ready for a nice evening. She said they were lovin' it!! Of course they were, are you kiddin'!!!??? I can't believe we went there and we able to stay at your place, Barbie...time after time! It is becoming a misty memory but I can still capture the feeling as I walked into your home from the garage, and walking across the dining room toward the lanai and hearing the music of R'achel Akaleone.....or leauanneiischelidie;alsdfoweijoaijsdc;fa....or something like that.....That reminds me, that's about all I'd be able to tell someone if I got lost, in Hawaii, as to what street I was on or what street I needed to find.....hahahhaha...They'd be asking me to spell it...I'd be saying to them, spell it??? Right...Then say it? ok . Hahahha......
Anyway, I love remembering the sounds and the feelings it created in me as I heard that beautiful Hawaiian music playing, with the air, heavy with Plumeria, surrounding me, and those little birdies singing so beautifully and the sweet little clicking sounds of the adorable baby geckos ....love 'em, love 'em, love 'em! That is a great memory. I can go there whenever I want, in my mind, of course. Your home was perfect and in a perfect location....Can't believe it!! And that's past now. boo hoo...... Oh well, good things are on the horizon! They always come back. Love you honey and rest well, Mom

I'm almost done with the program...I left it alone for a few days....had to get away from it for a while. Now, when I get back to it, I hope to be able to "see" it in my mind and know just where to put the extra musical numbers. It's got to flow and up til now, I just couldn't get a mental view of it and that's frustrating. I'm still wondering and will until that morning if the kids in the other branch will show up, even. Who knows? Then what?? I guess whoever shows will have to say the absentees' parts, up to a point. Oh well. This year's program has definitely been more difficult to put together. So many other things like new grandbabies, and trips "to the sea" had to be made. I'm not complaining, just noting it made the program writing a bit tenuous. I love doing it, though....it fills me with so many good thoughts. G'night!

Aunty Barbs said...

Does everyone know how late it is...I'm usually asleep by 10:30. This is a lot of fun. Steph, you can add an image and I pulled that from the generic pictures Microsoft had on "My pictures" in my computer. I'd like to download a picture of myself onto the page too. Do you have any pictures of me that would be suitable? I don't have my camera properly hooked up to this laptop yet. Of course I'll have to get it connected when I bring back all the Japan pictures from our trip. I'm so excited to be going there again. I want to make sure I get to the Tokyo temple while I'm there. How great it will be!!! Just day dreaming a bit....

Buffy said...

I like to see that you are up a little bit later than
9:00 ha ha. How neat that will be to go to the temple.....lucky girl I must say.

Aunty Barbs said...

Coconut Wireless is what we used to call the "scoops" while living in Kona. It was such a small town where everyone knew everyone else and you had to look around the restaurant before discussing ANY
THING!! That is something I don't miss folks. People just knew stuff about you because of the "Coconut Wireless". Basically, it spread like wildfire!

Dar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aunty Barbs said...

I look away or go back to my page, come back and POOF... more comments!! Love that I say! I stumbled on another blog of someone and she had weight loss ideas that she had. I could really go off at the mouth on that. Something to think about. Do you think April actually is studying!! hahaha Keep up the good work April - I have no doubt that you will.

April said...

Oh brother. I fell asleep early that night, I think. Barbie when you're in Long Beach next, check out Babette's Feast on 2nd Street in Belmont Shore. It's right next door to the Farmers and Merchants bank. Aunt Wynne used to love me to take her there. They have a handful of tables inside. It's a french bakery that serves sandwiches and soup. I highly recommend the Chicken Salad w/ Rosemary sandwich and Chicken Noodle soup. Their bread and spices they use are so delicious.

April said...

One more thing, you lucky duck! I just realized you are going to be right nearby "La Palapa." It's a classy restaurant with Brazillian food and live jazz music Thurs-Sat nights from 8:45-11:00. I used to take Wynne there once a month when the group 2 AZZ 1 would play. They were so good (husband/wife jazz, bossa nova music) I actually came back one weekend with the whole family and we stayed till 11! You and Jim would love it. It's a 35+ crowd. You get there to eat around 7 and get your seat in the booths near the little stage. Then there a small dance floor in the middle where well-trained couples get out and dance ballroom/salsa/etc. I loved that place. No drunks, and no smoking. It was literally right on the sand, next to the Long Beach Pier. I'd love to meet you guys there some Saturday night. Mellow, small group. You'd be 55 miles from me instead of 80. Big difference! When Marilyn moved, she got 8 miles closer to me.

April said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
April said...

Sorry to hog your blog, but check out this website: http://www.lapalapadelmar.com Goodnight!