
It's Friday finally!! Whew it feels great knowing I can sleep in tomorrow morning until 8:00, get over to Gold's by 8:30 and come home and finish the 4 loads of laundry I never got to during the week. Now it's probably 5 or 6, plus the folding & ironing. Jim is really good about doing the ironing for me. He sets up the board down low in front of the chair, adjusts the tv just right and gets cookin.
I had a poem come to me on Thursday morning while I was half asleep titled "My Brothers". Once I woke up it was gone, so again this morning it came back in my sleep and I woke up running for the paper so here it goes....
My Brothers
I am blessed with two great brothers
Heavenly Father has sent to me
For years I've called them "the boys"
But their names are Mike and Danny
They are truly treasures from Heaven
to me and in God's sight
If they ever are in need of my help
I'm there...I'm ready...I'll fight!
We share many things in common
including two parents so dear
Because of the great bond we share
We have nothing to fear
My brothers haven't always had
the easiest time getting along
They've teased, fought, yelled and screamed
Thinking about it, haven't we all?
We've all been blessed, my brothers and I
with three beautiful sisters it's true
We love them so with all our hearts
And we know Heavenly Father does too
This experience of being on this earth
is difficult at best
We'll make it through, but get bruised at times
I know we'll all pass the test
At this journey's end we'll be
by Heavenly Father's side
Bound together as a family
For eternity and all time.
Friday, October 06, 2006
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
10/06/2006 09:14:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Really good Barbie...i love it. I'm glad you were able to remember and get it written down. I know the boys will just treasure it. I love all of your pics. I"m off to bed....my voice is getting less and less as the night goes on...ugh. I don't want to feel worse tomorrow since Todd will be at the game all day. Fight On Trojans!!!
All right Todd! What time does the game start?
Barbie that is so, so good. I loved it. What a beautiful heartfelt poem. It's so beautiful on your page. Why don't you print it out on nice paper and frame it for the boys. It would make a great present. If I had dreams like that, I'd be much more pleasant. Way to go!!!
12:30 game time!! I don't feel so bad today! Whew.
Barbie, your blogs are sooo cute! Love to read them! Love you honey and am glad you're getting over that cold. Glad you didn't pneumonia...every time I say it or spell it, I think of the way Grammy always kiddingly said it. She'd pronounce it: pea new moan ee. Hahha..Silly. Anyway, am just soooo happy about Mike. So grateful beyond words..His life is NOW starting. Love you,honey!! Mom
Post a Comment