Monday, September 03, 2007

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!!

It's so great to have a day off!!!! I can't believe how hot it's been even here by the beach! It was 95 yesterday and should be the same today. We went to a movie on Sat at the Lakewood Mall and while waiting in line (out in the sun) it felt like the desert heat. Our backs were dripping with sweat by the time we got into the theatre.

Yesterday, we visited with Jim's friends from high school who live in Costa Mesa, we really enjoy their company and had a great time. He's a professional photographer and to see the pictures of their grandkids - unbelievable!!

I've been so busy with work and singing lately. Last weekend was our chorus retreat where we all stay at a hotel all weekend and rehearse Fri night, all day Sat & Sunday morning. I was beat after all that.

Well, I have a new calling - I was the CTR 7 teacher for a week and was called to be the 1st counselor in Primary. The president is such a nice lady - it should be really fun. I was a little nervous last Sat. night and it made me a little sick to my stomach (I actually thought I'd eaten something bad) but I realized it was from the anticipation of the new calling. We were set apart yesterday and we all felt a lot better. It's amazing how that works!!!

4 more weeks until we're going to Canada to compete!! I'm starting to get nervous about that too! I need to relax and just enjoy the ride a bit. In between that time Jim is having a big birthday on the 14th and we're planning on going to Vegas the following week to celebrate. He's going to do some classes there too - so I'll have time to go to the temple and visit with my friend (from Kona) that now lives in Vegas.

That's the update....it's great that Steph and her family had such a fun time on Kauai. Welcome back home lady!! Love to you all!

3 comments:

Dar said...

Good to read your blog!! Sounds like you've got a lot going on!! It will be fun, and exciting in Canada! And won't you two have a great time in Vegas???!!!! That will be really nice! Happy Birthday, Jim!!! Tell me what it feels like....I'll be there on the 28th!! This birthday really is a milestone, to me. I can't even imagine myself that age! It surprises me, no end!! Weird. Oh well, you guys have a great time. Love you both, Our best!! Mom and Dad

April said...

Congratulations on the new calling. You've had so much primary experience--you'll do great! Sorry about the stomach aches. (If you ever start having them frequently without a real cause...look up Buspar...Hahaha!) Time to buy a ticket for your show. Can't wait! You've got lots of fun plans ahead. Enjoy it all!

Amie said...

Wow, it does sound like you have so much going on. All good stuff though. You will be great in your new calling. I have so much gratitude and respect for the primary leaders. Such an important place to be!

Good luck with your performances. Any chance you will travel to Salt Lake sometime? I would love to see....