Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back to work this week...

Well it was a very nice break being in Vegas for Jim's class. We stayed at a hotel about 6 miles from the strip on a golf course. All of the rooms were suites and it overlooked the beautiful greens. The rooms even had big screen plasma tv's on the wall.

While we were there I was able to meet up with my good friend Janet and do some shopping at the outlet mall, have lunch both Fri and Sat and catch up on things. She just became a grandma for the 1st time!

Friday night we got caught in a thunderstorm eating out at the Cheesecake Factory (which we walked to) and it started to pour with mega thunder and lightening. We had the waiter call a cab for us, but when the rain started to come down, he came back to tell us that the wait for a cab would be about an hour. No thanks, we waited for a break in the weather and hurried back crossing the "rivers" that lined the streets and trying to duck out of the way when cars came by us showering the water at us. After Jim made the "long-jump" across the river and I soon realized, it would have helped me a lot have the legs of a 6'1 person, I was thankful that I still had my thongs on so it was no big deal. I kept telling Jim, "We're just making memories right now".

Saturday was so beautiful outside (after the rain). After Jim's class we headed out to Mt. Charleston about 25 miles away up in the canyon. It was gorgeous up there! Jim had heard about people that lived in Vegas going there to get away for the weekend. It was really picturesque and cold. It was 78 degrees in Vegas and 49 up in the canyon. After we got back, we realized we were just in time for the USC game to come on and we fluffed up the pillows on the bed and watched the game on the big screen tv! It was one of those perfect settings - so relaxing. (Steph and Todd can no doubt relate-haha)

Back to work on Monday with rehearsals - lost my voice for about a day. Tuesday night was our Primary Board meeting and Jim's first meeting with the Optifast program. We knew Tuesday night would be his "last supper" so we met at Hof's Hut after my meeting @ 9pm for dinner. His first day on the product was today and he did great! He's very pumped up about it and I'm liking it too, eventhough it might be for selfish reasons. I was able to go to Trader Joes and just get "chick" food. I only had to shop for myself because all of his meals are given to him for the week. I bought some green beans, hummus, veggie dip, fruit, fatfree milk, light swiss cheese, etc., etc. You know all the stuff Jim wouldn't normally be buying for himself. If I just want to eat oatmeal and fruit for dinner, I can!!! This might be the best thing ever for both of us.

Tomorrow night I have to go and get fitted for our Harborlites costume and then Friday night is a rehearsal and all day on Saturday. Somehow I need to fit in writing up the rest of my talk for Sunday, buying Apple pies and icecream for our Primary Board Mtg on Sunday, preparing my presentation to the teachers for that board meeting and all the rest of the house stuff. I know, I know, I can hear Stephanie and April now getting out their violins, but give me a break!!!!! I'm under some real stress here and I'm still smilin! Besides all that, I have to start looking for a job. oh well. That's about it folks. I'd better get in bed now.

7 comments:

Dar said...

What fun that was!!! Just reading it was FUN!! Glad you guys had such a great time out there! It sounded really neat all the puddle jumping and canyon jaunt...sounded good. Hahahhaha...I just have to add...coming straight from Dad's vocabulary...."I wouldn't know...." I hate that!!! Hahahahah...Anyway, quite busy and I will be interested in what happens at the Prim Mtg. Send me your board presentation, ok? We're going to change to Jr AND Sr Primary. It will help, I'm sure.
I got my mammogram this morning and it looked all fine. Talk to you later! Have a great day!! Mom

Dar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Buffy said...

Lady, you have been so busy!! I'm so glad you were able to have some fun in Vegas with Jim and Janet.

I wish Jim the best on his new diet. I hope it all works out for him. It will be nice just buying food that you would eat. That's an easy shopping trip.

I can't wait to see you again. Hopefully at Ressa's baptism. Why so long?? :D

Aunty Barbs said...

Exactly, why so long Steph!!! I need to plan a trip up to your place again for the weekend.

April said...

That canyon sounds pretty neat. I know what you mean about just wanting to eat what YOU want for dinner. Must be nice! You sound pretty busy to me. Why are you having to look for another job again? That's a bummer. Hope something better works out though.

Amie said...

I must have missed something... I didn't know you were looking for a new job, I thought you just recently took the one you have?

I love the picture in my mind of you and Jim running home through the puddles.