Friday, September 14, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!!!




Happy Birthday Jim! I sure hope he enjoyed his day. I'm so happy to be working with him and to be able to see him during the day. Just knowing he's "down the hall" is such a comforting feeling. I can always just email him a question, or come walking into his office and interrupt him. He never seems put out by it at all. The days that he isn't there, I just feel like bailing on that place. Oh well.

Jim is such a great husband and "Daddy" to the babies! He loves us all so much - you would never doubt how he feels. That is what is so great about Jim - you always know where you stand (I guess that could be good & bad). He is fair, fun-loving, acts like "just a regular guy", but deep down inside, he's such a special person. He really does care about people and wants them to always be comfortable around him. You never have to feel funny about what you say or eat around Jim - he understands!!! He "gets a kick" out of things a lot. He will describe something that he's looking at so well, that it just sends me into a belly roll laugh!!! Then of course I ask him to "do it again" and it's rare that he complies. He does not like to be "on stage" and doesn't like to talk in front of people. Yet, when he does he is soooo great at it. People listen to Jim. He carries himself in a way that people have to know that he knows what he's talking about. It was his confidence that really attracted me to him. I love that!

Some of the girls in our office were joking about giving Jim a birthday present to "kiss-up to the boss". I overheard this and couldn't help but set them straight on one fact that I was certain of, it's impossible to "kiss-up" to Jim - that effort is completely wasted on him. I told them that the best way to get on Jim's good side was to do the best job they were capable of doing and to show him that you are trying. They laughed and realized how right I was.

Before I went to Weight-Watchers, Jim would always bring me a snack and something to drink on a tray especially if he was going to have something himself. My favorite day is Sunday because we just kick back after church and he will make little snacks for us and do my back. He always wants me to dish up my food first. He won't eat his food until I have mine. Jim is my very best friend and I love him sooooo much. We get along so well together. He's learned how to deal with me and my "ways" & I've learned to look past the trail that he leaves around the house. We make a good team at home and at work.

Happy Birthday Babe!! I love you!

5 comments:

Dar said...

I absolutely loved reading that!! How great!!! We love him, too! He's all you said. I mean, you should know! Hahaha...but, yes, I can see that he is just like you say. Such a wonderful friend and so easy to be around. Sure miss our Sunday dinners. Loved that! So glad you're in such good health, Jim! Best wishes for sooo many more!! LOve, Darla and Rog

Buffy said...

I love your post. I love what all you said about him. I just love that I can feel so comfortable hanging out with and eating with Jim. He is so normal and easy going. I'm so happy you have a great man, your husband. Best wishes to you Jim!!

Amie said...

It is nice to hear about Jim. I don' tknow much about him. I was hoping for a list of 60 things I would learn about him. He sounds like a great man, I am glad you are so happy together!

Aunty Barbs said...

Amie had a great idea to list 60 things...but I can't think that fast and didn't have enough time. haha I'm always in awe when you guys make lists like that.

April said...

...and we all love him too. He is a great guy. I've always felt comfortable around him. I know what you mean about him talking and knowing so much about things. His comments all about the interviewing process were invaluable to me and helped me feel more prepared going in to my interview last week. Great post!...And great job last night!