Well, work is coming along. Both of the property supervisors that I assist were out of the office today, so I was taking all the calls. My learning curve is straight up right now, but overall it's going pretty well. The bad part about working in the same office as your husband is that everyone treats you a little differently and it's hard to make close friends in this situation. I can understand them worried about what I might tell Jim (their boss) but in reality, it's just a job for me and I'm not there to "report" everything I see.
Aunt Wynne's funeral yesterday went really well. The minister that came to conduct the service was really nice and did a great job. It was great to be able to sing with Marilyn, Mom and Grammy with April playing for us. After the funeral we all were in 4 different cars and did a caravan tour of all the old houses Grammy, Dad & Mom had lived in growing up in Long Beach. Then, all of us ended up at the Lakewood Mall and ate at Fuddruckers for dinner. It was just great to spend time with everyone. Stephanie was even able to drive down with her kids which was awesome.
I'm getting ready for our Harborlites Chorus retreat weekend. We're all going to stay at a hotel and rehearse with our coaches on Fri night 7:30-10:30, all day on Saturday, we'll do our skits Sat. night and then rehearse for 3 hours Sunday morning. I'm going to be pooped after this one. It will be a lot of fun too. Kind of like "Girls Camp" for adult lady singers. hahahaha
Have a great weekend everyone! Have fun in Hawaii Steph!!!! I'm sooooo jealous!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Another day...another dollar
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
8/23/2007 06:13:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That was the best day!! Had such a great time with everyone...I think would be proud and happy to know she got us all together. Love you honey and hope it warms up at work for you. That's another thing, huh? The lack of closeness at work. We all need closeness and camaraderie...it's so important. Loved our visit today! Bye for now. Love, Mom
Great recap lady!! We had a great time seeing everyone and eating at Fuddruckers. It was perfect for our group.
Have fun this weekend!! I wish our whole family was going to Hawaii. Wouldn't that just be awesome?! THanks for the tips on the lingo :D.
Thanks for coming through with the singing for the funeral. I know it was last minute but you all sounded great, as usual. It was really fun being all together at the restaurant. We'll have to do it again. I'd love to get together somewhere before your show in September. I'm buying tickets for sure! Can't wait!
Post a Comment