Well, what a week it has been!!! The Harborlites Show went off with a bang!!! April, Mark, Mom, Dad, Jim, Bill & Denyse and Marilyn all came and supported us!! It was great to see all of you after the show and hear your comments. It's hard to know how you did when you're up there doing it. haha Jim commented on how taken Marilyn was watching the show and how "into" she was. I reminded him that Marilyn has an excellent ear for music and she was probably "listening" very closely to the harmonies. The "Afterglow" or after party was fun, but we didn't get home until 2am! Crazy and with church the next morning at 9am. I was pooped out! Jim's brother and sister had us over for dinner Sunday night in LA so we didn't get home until almost 11pm. Next day was Monday and it was back to rehearsal after work - got home at 11:30pm. (Oh, I have to get up at 6 or 6:15am every morning for work). This lack of sleep culminated into me leaving work on Tues. @ 1pm to come home and sleep. I felt like I was going to pass out. My head felt really "swimmy" if you know what I mean???! On my way home, I stopped off to make a deposit at the bank and was walking back to my car with my eyes closed. Yikes, I had to quickly wake myself up so I wouldn't get hit by a car. I slept for 2 1/2 hours and then got things ready for my Tues night Primary Pres. meeting. Wednesday (last night) was the first night in over a week that Jim and I had been home eating dinner together after work.
Tonight we are packing up our things and heading to Las Vegas!!!! I need this break soooo much. Jim is attending a class all day Fri. and Sat am. so I'll spend some time with my good friend Janet (from Hawaii) who moved to Las Vegas right before we moved from Hawaii to Calif. She has Fridays off so we'll do it up right (massages, lunch, shopping, etc.).
I'd better get back to the packing....thank you Mom for coming over to sit the granddogs!!! They will be sooo happy that you're here with them.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Work, play, no sleep.....
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
9/20/2007 05:23:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Sounds like my sleep schedule. Bed at 11:30 and up at 4:55. It's awful and I keep telling myself I have to go to bed earlier. There is too much to do. It's a crazy life right now. I told mom the other day that life is not about resting even for a second. There is always stuff to do, places to be, kids to pick up, food to be made....you name it! I'm envious of your fun trip to Vegas. That will be a nice break for sure. Have fun and relax to your hearts content :D!!
Have a good time Barbie! Sounds like you're getting a break just in time so you don't get sick or anything...like you guys need any more practicing. Hardly!!!
But I know they have to keep pushing everybody. And you've got another trip right around the corner. What a blast!
Thanks Ladies, it was a great trip to Vegas!! I'm much more relaxed now.
BARBIE, THATS JUST HOW MY HEAD FEELS WHEN I GET SO VERY TIRED. I FELT THAT WAY FRIDAY MORNING, BUT FELT BETTER AS THE DAY WENT ON, AND HAD FUN WITH MIKE, DANNY AND COOPER AT MIKE'S. THEY ENJOYED HIM AND HE WAS A GOOD LITTLE GUY. I DROVE BACK TO YOUR PLACE AND THEN ON SATURDAY, IT WAS NICE SLEEPING IN AND I DID RELAX A LITTLE, SATURDAY, BUT GOT IN TROUBLE FOR NOT GETTING TO GRAMMY'S EARLIER. OH DEAR. ANYWAY...ONE HAS TO HAVE SOME DOWNTIME....
IT WAS REALLY NICE HAVING DINNER AT GRAMMY'S WITH MIKE. SHE ENJOYED HIM AND HE, HER. DANNY GOT TO GO HEAR A BAND THAT HE'D BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO SO, HE WASN'T ABLE TO COME TO GRAMMY'S, BUT WE'LL DO IT AGAIN SHORTLY.
Post a Comment