Sunday, April 01, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL & WELCOME BACK!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL! I'm so glad you and your family were able to go to DisneyWorld on vacation! What a blast that must have been for everyone. There is so much to do.

Stephanie's tribute to you was so nice and it got me remembering back to those good ol days in front of D'Elias Grinder drive-in, listening to you make up stories for the people ordering. The times we would put the 'Mute' on the tv and hear the sagas of the people we'd be watching with your new stories. Do you remember talking for Dad when he was on the phone with one of the Turner's or Fireball? That's going way back, huh?!

The great trips to Utah keeping track of every Bishop Jack and Sista Fullah we could spot!!!! PROVO OR BUST! Didn't you make a poster for the van that said that. All the times we stayed at the "Thunderbird" in St. George or the Best Western Columbia in Provo.

You are a great entertainer and have given me so many fun memories and laughter. I love thinking about those times. The "Concert Night" at Womens Conf. will always be the all-time best of for all of us!!!! Glad you're back home safe and sound!

It's the Marriot Center or Bust!!!! We're getting closer to Women's Conf. ladies and I'm getting sooooooo excited.

Jim and I had a nice stroll on the sand this afternoon and watched the kite surfers. How relaxing and great that felt!

5 comments:

April said...

That's so nice, Barbie! Wow, I haven't thought of "Fireball" in years! I remember the time dad stood with his back to us, in line at D'Elia's and it seemed like everything I said fit the scenario so well. Never before or since has any narration been as funny as it was that particular night! Hahaha! I was just looking over my womens conference pictures from last year too. Good one you put on! Just a month away and we're.....OUGHTA HERE! Hopefully the blogs aren't read by the spouses. Oh well... hahahaha! Thanks again Barbie. Love, April ps. This is sad but if I want to experience both laughter and grief all at the same time, I just recall the horendous experience we (or was it just me? Ugh!) put poor Jennifer B. through with tape recorded creepy sounds and all. How could I have done it. What a nightmare!!!!

April said...

PPS. I think I got most of my ideas from watching Brady Bunch. The brothers or sisters were always playing pranks and practical jokes on each other. I wanted us to be a real-life Brady Bunch family. I gave up on it when I had no luck molding dad into Mike Brady. Hahaha! (It's probably a good thing, actually.)

Aunty Barbs said...

That's great April. I'm glad Dad isn't like Mike Brady because he would have been both gay and dead!! hahahaha

Buffy said...

Lady, you are still alive!!!!??? I haven't talked to you for awhile and you haven't written in a while. Good to hear about what is going on. all of yours and April's comments are so funny. I remember the classic D'Elias trip where everything she said fit the scenario exactly!! Such fun times. I'm getting excited for Women's Conference. I am bringing the video camera for any "concert moments" that we may have. I'm looking forward to a fun trip!!

April said...

Barbie, where are you? What's the latest around the water cooler down there at the office. Let's start with...are you still working there? I'm sure you're just busy. Talk to you later... Love, April