Thursday, March 15, 2007

Gettin back to the GYM!!!!

Hey folks, I've got some exciting news! Jim surprised me on Tuesday when he left work early, visited both 24 hour fitness and LaFitness and got us up and running at LA Fitness. I went last night for the first time and really like that place. It is so clean and updated. All of the elyptical machines were so new I almost didn't know how to run them. I got on the treadmill first (which has its own fans built in to cool you down) and then scoped out the next available PRECOR elyptical machine, jumped on that and finished up burning about 250 calories for the first night. I've got to slowly get back in the game. It's shameful that I waited this long to join. It helps being employed again!!! hahaha

Work is going pretty well, with only a few minor glitches here and there. Boy, I've never worked anywhere before that had so many women working that would nit pick and talk poorly about one another. There was a huge row today with the lady that sits next to me and one of the nurses in the back. All I can say about it is that I was frozen at the fax machine at the time....hahaha I can laugh about it now, but it got a little intense!! What would I do without this drama???!!!

Tonight was the last night of the piano fixing that turned into a long drawn out ordeal. I'm so glad it is all finished. The guy that's been working on it is from Finland and might not be aware of our customs here regarding showing up when you say you will. He was here on Monday night for 3 hours fixing a solenoid that wasn't working. Then, he saw that he hadn't finished the foot pegs on the bench that needed to be polished, ok, ok, another visit. I want to just say, it's an old piano bud, it shouldn't shine that much anyway!!! I didn't say anything, but he wanted to come back the next night at 7:00 and it wouldn't take more than 30 min. Ok, so Tuesday came and I get a call at 8:50 - he wants to still come by??? Unbelievable!!! I said it is way too late. I had to go to the bathroom and couldn't in case the doorbell rang. Jim has had meetings all week. What a nut case! As it turns out he came by tonight at 8pm instead of 7:30 and finished up in 30 min. Dang, I'm glad that's over. By the way, he started this project of cleaning/polishing/tuning, etc. the piano around the 3rd week in January!!! I never want to see this guy again. Can you blame me. I'm going to find someone else to tune it again in a year.

That's my latest saga - thanks for reading. It's helps to get that off my chest. I'd have you all rolling if we were in person and I was giving you all the "blow by blow"! hahahahaha

3 comments:

Buffy said...

Lady, so fun to hear your saga there in Seal Beach. Hooray for the gym, right? I love that place. It is my time to listen to music and do what I love for one hour out of my day. I'm glad you're happy with the gym Jim picked out. Did you like that gym, Jim? hahaha:D The self portrait stuff is every Tuesday and a girl named Eleanor posts a challenge for everyone or anyone who wants to do it. I will post what her challenge is for next Tuesday. A little Irish lucky charm or just you on St. Patty's day decked out in your green. It makes life a little more interesting and fun to do these little things. I better get back to cleaning. Todd has a meeting tonight and so I wanted to get things all picked up while he is gone. And look where I've ended up? Take care and have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Well, I was laughing the other day when you called...I ran out to the side walk and talked to you. I was laughing and talking like you were right there...it must look weird to those around seeing me having such a time on the phone. They probably wish they had someone as fun to talk to. Well there's a bunch of us, huh!!! LOVE YOUS, Mom

April said...

Barbie, you're a good typist. Don't leave us hanging. We love those blow-by-blow details. Wouldn't that be hilarious if some day before we get together to leave for Womens conference, you carry a little pocket recorder around with you in the office. That would prove classic entertainment for us on the 1st of May. OK, so maybe it's a little "out there." I'm starting to chuckle right now just thinking of the possible outcomes.