Sunday, March 18, 2007

The weekends are soooo nice!!

These days I'm just living for the weekends! I don't know how long I will be able to handle this position at work. Some of the ladies in the office DO NOT get along with each other and because I'm new (neutral) I've been getting each of the "sides" thrown at me.

Thursday was an interesting day in that one of the ladies I'm mentioning has been "buddy buddy" with me and saw me sitting in my car at lunch checking phone messages. She came up to the window, so I rolled it down to see what she wanted and she asked if she could come in! I wasn't quick enough with a response, so I said sure. Now, I'm getting her monologue about the office from her point of view for as long as she's worked there (2 yrs). It was a surreal experience wondering how I was in this situation with a person I've only known, in passing, at work for a few wks. Of course her motive was to get me on her side of the office gossip mill. Unbelievable!!!! It's crazy in that place. If I'm not hearing about how poorly someone works, then I'm hearing the Dr's complaints about how he is being treated by everyone. It's a juggling act at best and I really don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

Jim might be able to create a position for me at his office doing property management. He thinks it would provide me the experience to make a real career out of it. Sounds good to me.

I went back to WW last Saturday and was down 1.4 lbs. from my last weigh-in (which was in Dec!!!) hahaha I hadn't been to a new meeting since moving here. WW has it's own store here. It was really nice. I bought a pedometer that converts automatically to activity points. I haven't been eating all that great this weekend, but Monday is a new day.

Jim and I are getting excited about going to a Ducks game this Fri night. We haven't been to see the Ducks since before we moved to Kona. We get so thrilled about being able to do the things we always took for granted when we lived here before. Have a great week everyone!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Barbie I can relate!!! It's a juggling act for sure!! One thing that helps is to respond to another's criticism of someone with something that you've noticed about the criticized one that redeems them in your eyes. Then, the criticizor fades away, just like stink off a monkey. Hahahhahahhhhahhaa...remember that?? Well, something like that? Hahahhaha...love you honey!!! Let's talk! Mom

April said...

Everybody loves a "listener". That way you can probably remain everybody's friend. That does take a lot of energy to keep up the front of being calm, cool and collected. It reminds me of my job up in the San Fernando Valley. There was so much gossip and backbiting. Luckily I had an office off the main floor of cubicles. Sometimes I'd just go shut my door. It made me sick sometimes. I'm sure you're never at a loss for words when you come home to Jim at night. He probably finds it highly entertaining...or maybe that's just me :D

April said...

PS. Lock your doors at lunch time and put some earbuds in with wires dangling down from your head. Somebody approaches, just don't move. They'll think you're busy listening to music and can't hear them. It's lame, but all I could think of. Hahaha!

Aunty Barbs said...

Those are great ideas April. I don't tend to talk about all the back biting after work, because it is very lame. Just down right stupid. Now the supervisor is going around saying she's going to quit! I just keep saying, me too!! hahaha It's a total mess in there.

April said...

These co-workers sound like they're giving women in general a bad reputation. Is it just a daily cat-fight down there?

Aunty Barbs said...

I've been there 6 wks and I've seen (with my own eyes) 2 or 3 cat-fights - I think that says it all!! hahaha

I keep trying to figure out why I'm still going back each day. Any ideas???? All I tend to think about is when I'm going to retire!!! hahaha