Friday, March 23, 2007

GO DUCKS GO.....

Hi Everyone! The Ducks won tonight! We were so excited to be able to be back at the Pond (now the Honda Ctr) after 10 years!! It was so much fun to be sitting in the big arena again. As soon as we sat down, there were two guys behind us that were really into the Ducks and kept yelling out stuff. We knew right then that we'd be entertained to the fullest. It kind of reminded me of the guys that used to sit by the Smith's SC seats way back when. They were pretty funny. They both sounded like the big guy that sat at the bar on Cheers and did that funny spot on SNL ("The Bears") I kept thinking in my mind that they were saying "The..Ducks" hahaha

Work is going pretty well, but it's been a little crazier than usual because we are in the middle of remodeling the office. No one knows what is going on and the planning has a lot to be desired. Basically, we are just waiting for the word that all of the patients will need to be rescheduled on a moments notice. That is never any fun. We do these Nuclear studies there and all the doctors are on rotation for certain days of the month. One of my Dr.'s only has one day a month, so to resch someone, it would be at least a month later. You know there are going to be people ticked off about that. Oh well, that's the least of my worries. Today, one of the patients just saw me in the hall and started complaining about how long he was having to wait. I went back to my desk and told the other ladies in the front that he looked at me and must have seen a huge EAR. hahaha I guess they just want to complain to someone. Just another day at the mill as we say. The lady that sits next to me, Carol, calls our office, "As the stomach churns".

Have a great weekend everyone! Keep the sunny side up at all times! Love you all.

2 comments:

Buffy said...

How fun to go to the Ducks game. I think Todd and I have gone once. I'm glad you and Jim were entertained. That is the best! Work sounds like a crazy place. You do such a good job...no worries.

April said...

That's so funny Barbie about work. I'll bet your sense of humor is highly valued down there. You're probably a breath of fresh air and your wit very welcome. It reminds me of my visit to Mark's office the first time. About 30 cubicles and every single one was filled with stuffed animals, dolls, toys, gadgets...it looked more like a kids' nursery than a banking operation. I asked him what in the world were all the toys doing everywhere?? He said the collection work is so horribly stressful that these people make these difficult calls and then have to stop and tell jokes to each other, play with their gadgets, etc. to deal with the stress. I wonder if your office is anything like that? Dealing with the constant possibility of a sudden cardiac arrest right there before you would probably keep everyone on edge, I'd think. You're handling it beautifully. If you can deal with the orthodontist moms, you can handle the codgers. Hahaha!