Sunday, June 29, 2008

My hair is gooooooooooone!!!

Yesterday I had an appt to get my haircut and I knew I was going to have him cut it shorter. When he did, I still felt like I wanted more taken off, so I did it! It is much much shorter. It feels good and it takes hardly any time to fix, but this seems like a drastic change that will take a few weeks to get used to.

Jim is in the garage making room for the new car. We decided we needed a car with better gas mileage that will ultimately save us a lot of money. It's a Corolla S metallic gray and is pretty fun to drive. It seems like it floats over the road. I'm used to a much heavier car. The best part was that we went through Costco and they have a program that allows you to pay $300 over the dealer invoice price. They also threw in the extended warranty to 75K miles and the interest rate was 1.9! Unreal!

I've been having fun riding the motorcycle to work and back. The cost savings and getting me concentrating on not getting killed allows time that I'm not spending on worrying about work, etc.

One of the assistants in our office retired last Friday so we'll have a week in between having the new assistant start. This past week was soooo crazy. Jim was losing sleep last weekend knowing we were going to short staffed by 2 mgrs. and then we get there on Monday and another assistant is out with the flu. There was only 3 of us in the office until Wednesday. I kept telling Jim that the first 3 days of last week felt like 3 weeks! It's nice to have a calm weekend. The next few weekends are busy with reunions. The Orange Stake YOuth is having a reunion on 7/5/08 at 8:00pm at the Orange Stake Center and then the following weekend is ELMO's 20th high school reunion. I can't believe it's been 20 years!! Time does cruise by.

I do have a new calling, but they haven't officially sustained me yet. I am the relief society pianist and possibly a member on the compassionate service team. This will get me practicing the piano again.

Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

Buffy said...

Lady, where are the pictures????!! I am dying to see your hair and your teeth. I haven't seen you in person with your braces off. It's killing me. What did Jim say about the hair?

I hope it is somewhat more calm at work for you guys this week. It always feels like a tornado hits around here. Have a good week.

Nice calling. Not bad.

The Postl's said...

Hi Barbie, It's Natalie Postl (leatherman) from the desert. I just emailed your mom last night, and she wrote me back and said you had a blog, so I had to see. It sounds like everything is going good for you guys! I would love to see your new hair, it sounds really cute. It seems like it has been years since I saw you last, maybe at my wedding? Well, hopefully now we will be able to keep in touch. My blog is threefunkypostls, I just started it so don't laugh:) - Love, Natalie

Aunty Barbs said...

Thank you Natalie-it has been forever since I saw you. That needs to stop!! :) I'll check out your blog.

Amie said...

What!? No picture? You can't leave us hanging like that. I was even patient and didn't scroll down until I read... then the picture wasn't there.

How did the reunions go? I got the e-mail about the stake one...

April said...

Barbie your hair was really cute. I probably didn't say anything because I'm so used to your hair ALWAYS looking cute. That reunion was fun at Orange. You were awesome on the karioke. I never could have done that!...especially considering the lyrics as the song went on...who remembered??? Hahaha! What was it? Summer Nights from Grease? That was funny. Your singing was the best though. I was so proud and excited to tell everybody what you've accomplished!

Aunty Barbs said...

My camera takes soooo long to download the pictures because I haven't erased the ones I have on disk yet. I know, I know no excuse. Maybe we'll have a picture taken of Jim and I tonight at the reunion.