Harborlites had a weekend coaching session which means we were rehearsing Friday night from 7-10pm and then again on Saturday 9-5. I have been carpooling with a couple of ladies from the chorus and thought that Saturday would be the perfect day for me to ride the motorcycle to rehearsal since the traffic would be relatively low at the times I would be riding. It turned out to be a lot of fun, but I can see that I'm going to want a bike that has a little more power soon. The downside to it was that I got sooooo hot. It was about 105 yesterday in Anaheim Hills where we rehearse. I can't believe what a difference being closer to the water makes.
Once I got home I jumped in the pool to cool off - wow that felt good! This past week has been a busy one. Poor Jim has had 7 night meetings in 9 days! He's sooooo pooped. We have 2 people in our office quit and the one lady had her last day Friday and her Mom passed away. She had been sick for a long time, and it is very sad. Her Mom was only 52! It's just heart-wrenching to imagine what that must be like. The other lady is turning 69 next week and will be retiring. So, next week we won't have 2 of our managers there either - it will be interesting. Jim said, "It's going to be a busy week" and I'm wondering how will it be different than any other week at this place?!
We are in a new ward now - Los Alamitos Ward and the bishop conducted 50 interviews last Tues & Wed to hand out callings. I didn't get the person's message on the phone until Wed night at 10pm. I had to call him and let him know I wasn't trying to dodge a calling, but I hadn't been home after work and forgot to check messages. Oh well. So, I guess I'm due to get the "bottom of the barrel" stuff like the asst to the asst librarian. Actually, I would love that I think - keeping that place organized would be fun! We have so many people in our ward since the split, that we have people sitting in the cultural hall each week. They called about 10-12 people to the Sunday School Board. I don't want to be late to church so I can hear all these new callings given out each week.
The Los Alamitos Primary Pres. had all of the Seal Beach Primary Pres. come in last week and had the kids sing to us. We were all crying by the end. They also gave us a plant and had the children all sign handmade cards - sooooo sweet. Of course, we had to visit both jr. and sr. primary. The jr. primary sang A Child's Prayer and we were all crying, so we picked a much happier and light hearted song for the sr. primary to sing to us. It was very nice. I will miss those kids terribly. Relief Society here we come!
I'd better get ready for church.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Lots of singing and riding!!!
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
6/22/2008 07:09:00 AM
Labels: harborlites coaching, motorcycle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I read this to Grammy last night but didn't leave a comment....sorry. We sure enjoyed it and are looking forward to tonight when we can hear you!! that will be fun for both of us! I'm glad you didn't tell me about the motorcycle BEFORE you rode it! Hahaha....remember the bungee jump??? Boy, I was glad you didn't tell me about it BEFORE!! XOXOX, MOM
That's right, like I said yesterday-I was a good kid!!! Almost like an ANGEL!!!! haha
Post a Comment