Well, Joey did it - my oldest nephew has graduated high school. It was great to be able to go and see how excited he was. I remember having that feeling of total freedom and now seeing him have that feeling, but knowing that it is so temporary and fleeting, was pretty interesting to me. What he doesn't know is that there will come a time in his future that he will wish he still lived at home, had Mom cooking for him, had a loving audience of his siblings watching and idolizing him, and the list goes on and on. haha Of course I'm half kidding, but believe me, I've had those moments of wanting that time to be back and feeling that freedom again. Yes, some of you may say that I have all kinds of freedom now, but the freedom that comes when you're being supported by your parents is PRICELESS!!!! We all felt the world on our shoulders because we had to get a term paper done???! Wow, that was major - haha. Or getting all of the housework done before we could "PLAY"! Maybe all that has happened to me is that I have taken for granted all the playing I've been able to do and I really need to start counting my blessings and realize I've got a lot of freedom and I should be enjoying it MORE.
Enough of that! I was able to carpool and pick up Mike, Danny & Chad on my way to the graduation. It was a lot of fun and I think all of the guys had fun playing with every button, switch and doo-hicky in my car. I could hear so many things being pushed and tinkered with it was like having a bunch of little kids with me. haha. April had a bunch of grinders for us to eat and then we came back afterwards and had cake and icecream. She put in her wedding video to Bryan back in 1988 and we got a kick out of seeing Mike and Danny as little Primary kids. I guess they were 8 and 10 at the time - so funny!
Grammy's birthday was on Thursday and it was nice to go over and see her. Marilyn and her kids were back from Maui and were able to come over along with Mom. We had fun seeing the kids and watching Cooper try on Grammy's wig and actually enjoy having it on. I think he's going to want longer hair one of these days. Cooper teeth are so cute and so big for his little mouth! It's soooooo funny to watch him. Then Brandon put the wig on and grabbed both of Grammy's canes and played like he was an old lady. Funny!
I'm sooooo glad it's Saturday - I've been needing a day off since Tuesday. Had a rough night on Tuesday with a migraine and then waking up at 3am with the worst cramps since being a teenager! It was the kind of pain that makes you throw up and just double over. After taking 3 motrins to cut the pain in my head, it didn't even touch the cramps. Took another 4 and I was starting to feel better.
Today the babies have hairdo appointments and Jim and I are going to look at a property to manage in Arcadia. We're hoping to be back before noon so I can take over a treat to Grammy and get my nails done. I'm going to a wedding reception later on tonight for the brother of my good friend Sheila (who I worked with in the Primary presidency). I'm looking forward to seeing them. Her Mom is soooo sweet too and always is so nice to me. They're a great family!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Joey's Graduation!!
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
6/14/2008 07:35:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That was a riot getting to re-live all the fun we've had these past few days! Hahahhahah... Yeah, Dad laughed about all the gadgets back there!
I laughed about all you wrote....Coopie and his big teeth is sooo funny! If they were the cutest things, we wouldn't say anything, but they are sooo cute!! He could make anyone chuckle just watching him. Such a doll!! That wig! Reminded me of the time Danny put one one...he was a little younger than Cooper at the time..I guess we put it on him! Ah, being the baby had to be a great family position! Everyone, especially sisters gave them so much attention! We'll see if he reads the blogs because if he does, he'll have something to say about this commment...hahahha...and of course have a whole other version of what it's like being the youngest!!HAHAHA.... i LOVED YOUR TAKE ON EVERYTHING......FUN READING AND REMEMBERING BACK. Grammy had a great time, too, on her birthday! Thanks honey, for all you do!! Love you!! Mom
7 motrin! I'm sorry you had such a rough night... I hate not feeling good and I really hate missing sleep!
I just re-read the comments and Amie's reminded me of your pain and needing 7 motrins???? Did you get a nosebleed??? That stuff thins your blood, you know! Be careful with that. Love you honey!! Mom
Barbie, I didn't realize you were back to writing so often. I'll get back to checking in then. I always have so much fun being around you. You make me laugh continuously...so much so, I almost missed seeing Joey come in the gate. We were getting so carried away---ok I was getting so carried away. You and that make-shift visor to shade your glasses with that you formed from the program or something was so funny. There was sooooo much glare for a while! Good times!
Definitely some "good times"!!! We always have such a great time. I was amazed at how many people were in and around that stadium.
Post a Comment