Just thought I'd start to get over this dumper I've been in and start taking control over how I feel. Thank you all very much for your thoughts and prayers on my behalf - they have really helped and I'm feeling a lot better now.
One year on my birthday I went into work and said to myself, "I'm not going to let anyone ruin this day for me". It is that exact attitude that is getting me out of the lull I have been in this last month. It is Christmas time and it's about time to start remembering what this season is truly about. We are celebrating the birth of our Savior and I am going to try to be more like him each and every day. I love the feeling of this season that brings strangers and loved ones together.
I might have to rely on my acting/dramatic skills in keeping a smile on my face, but having that smile will keep me feeling better.
I love all of you and hope that this season brings you so much joy and happiness. I am so thankful for my family and friends and the relationships that I share with them.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
12/06/2006 08:58:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That was so sweet, Barbie! You've done such a good job in holding the fort down, making a wonderful home for Jim and leading out in healthy living all at the same time! I commend you on that! That's a big number! AND looking to be more like the Savior! That's something we can all prioritize....at the top of our lists!
I have found such joy in the little conversations I have with strangers in the store, at the drive up windows, in passing at the bank, with the tellers and today with Grammy's cleaning lady. She was so sweet, telling me how much she likes Grammy and how she tries to be a good mother to her kids. She tells her friends, too, that you can have all the money nad things in the world, but if you don't have God in your life, you have nothing. Without Him, life has no meaning. I agreed and told her how much I love Him, too. She said, "You can love your man, but you can't depend on him like you can the Man Upstairs." She's a really nice person and I'm glad she's Grammy's cleaning person.
I'm going to bed, now. Love P'nut and Miss for me. Love you honey! MOm
Lady, I sure hope you will be settled somewhat to enjoy the holidays. It's a wonderful time of year. I have realized that eventhough I am poor and can't buy too many things it doesn't even matter. I am thankful for my healthy family and a good husband and like you said for my Savior who loves me. I am so grateful for my membership in the church! Enjoy the season and reflect on the Savior's life. That is all that matters. I know you will find yourself in a happier mood. Take care lady. I love you and wish you were up here with us. Have a happy b'day tomorrow!!
Thank you Ladies! I love you all too. It should be a nice birthday tomorrow. I'm working, but Jim just got home and it will be nice knowing he's close by. We'll probably meet for lunch. Missy has a hairdo appt tomorrow, so maybe Jim will come pick her up and then we'll all go to the park for lunch. I just love this park at the end of Davall and Frank Sinatra - it is really nice there with a gorgeous view of the mountains. I'm going to make it up to your place soon Steph - I promise!
Barbie, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARBIE DEAR, HAPPY DAYS WILL COME TO YOU ALL YEAR. IF I HAD A WISH THEN IT WOULD BE...A NEW RENTER FOR YOU AND A HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FROM ME! Hope everybody was good to you today! I have something I meant to put into the mail, but you know me. It's still on my passenger seat darn it! I promise it will go out tomorrow and hopefully you can get some enjoyment out of it for awhile. Love you lots, April
Thanks for your message April! I love your version of the primary song too! I'm just like you with forgetting to get things out in the mail. I understand fully. Thanks again, it was a great birthday.
Post a Comment