
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
I'm hoping to get back on a regular blogging schedule after the move and unpacking gets finished. I do enjoy having the time to write and communicate with all of my family and friends.
The packing is in full swing with some "lulls" throughout this weekend. Jim and I have enjoyed spending time together even if it is to watch a football game together, which we love doing. I still have my closet to tackle and pack up and I'm procrastinating on it. I need to get busy and get it done so I can relax and watch the Rosebowl!!!
It was a sad day at church because this will be my last week in my ward. All of the primary kids gasped when they heard and then they all started to say, "wa wa wa" as if they were crying and then the sunbeams all started to rub their eyes. It was really cute. They really wanted me to know I'd be missed. I always have mixed feelings about moving out of wards that you really like. I know that I will meet new friends in my new ward in Seal Beach. I do hope that I can possibly involve Grammy in our ward activities. I'm praying that she'll be receptive to that idea. I know that if I try to get myself involved in doing service in the new ward, I'll be able to meet people and make friends faster.
I will be anxious to get this "bite-plate" out of my mouth so I can start singing again. I really want to go back to Harborlites and join the chorus again. They won their region 21 competition last May in Phoenix and will be competing again at the International level in Calgary in October 07. My goal is to be there with them on the risers in Calgary!!! Hey, I will really need a warm parka if we're going there!! (Every summer here in the desert, I talk about wanting to be on a freezing cold mountain somewhere wearing a "PARKA" hahaha).
Have a wonderful New Year's Eve everyone! Let's make some lasting memories this next year!! Love you all!
Sunday, December 31, 2006
It's officially "GO TIME"!!
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
12/31/2006 03:04:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
How sweet about the Sunbeams! I know everyone felt the same way! Sad. But, new beginnings! The Rose Parade was great this year, as always, but this year the bands were just better somehow! We watched some couple that we hadn't seen before and the guy turned out to be quite funny, actually! Now, what's on for today!??? zzzzz, I do believe. Hahahha... Love, Mom
Great picture of you and Dad, Barb! Love it!!! Mom
Lady, that is a great pic of you and dad. I hope I will be reading more on your blog...:) haha. Let's make this the year we can all get out in our suits for the big family reunion down at the beach. What am I saying??!!! Isn't that what I say every year? Todd said that tomorrow was going to start his 5:00am at the gym. I hope he can do it for his own good at least a few times a week. Good luck on the move.
Barbie, that's so exciting! I forgot all about the Sweet Adelines for awhile. You will be singin' proud in Calgary. I can see the air blowing from the mouths of all the singers in the freezing cold, making great sounds. (Of course they'll be inside...haha) Fun stuff to look forward to. Good picture with you and dad. I'll bet you've been so much fun for all the kids in primary. They will always remember you, I'm sure. It will be fun to hear about your new ward experiences. That is so wonderful for you to include Grammy. In recent months, I decided no matter how illogical it might seem, I've started praying off and on for Grammy to join the church. It touches my heart knowing you'll be nearby her and that you will try to include her. Thank you so much for doing that. You're such a good person.
Thank you ladies for your messages. It is back to packing - Mom is here to help me. Yeah!!!
Ok Barbie, where are you? You've drifted into oblivion again. Come baaaaaaack! Hahaha! What's going on with you these days?
Post a Comment