Sunday, October 21, 2007

Back to reality folks!

It's been a busy week back to normal after being in Calgary at the competion. I am actually looking forward to our chorus rehearsal tomorrow night even if it's just to see all the ladies again. We spent an emotional week together and I think you get a little attached. (in a good way)

Our primary had a great practice today for the program on 10/28. We timed it on the first run, handed out some snacks and took a 5 min break and then we did it again. We have cut out little feet out of different colored paper to pin on them, then I hold up the coordinating colored feet when they need to come up to speak. It worked out ok except for pinning them on each child took forever.

I'm going to have dinner with Grammy on Tues night. I'll pick up some Carl's Jr. after work and take over to her house before my Pres. mtg at 7:30.

Jim's diet is going pretty well, except he gets a little weak sometimes. I'm actually starting to cook again because I can't be worried about the smells, I've been dying for some home cooked meals. I guess I have just been eating really fast things that don't smell the house up for Jim's sake. He's well into his program now and says it doesn't bother him to smell my food. Ok, I cooked up some turkey meatloaf tonight with steamed zuchini. It was delicious! I'll have plenty of leftovers for the next couple of days.

At primary today one of the older girls asked if she would have to wear the feet on the day of the program, I said yes, and she gave me this awful look and started to whine. I put my arm around her and said, "how about telling Sister Dodson that you'll do whatever is asked of you with a big smile". She started to smile right away and I said that was a lot better. It was pretty funny. We both started to laugh!

6 comments:

Buffy said...

That was cute of you what you said to that girl. Sometimes that is all it takes, right?

That would be hard not feeling like you can cook because of the smells. Poor Jim but I'm glad to hear it is going well.

Take care and have a good week. I can't wait to see you next Sunday. I am so happy to get to see you twice in the same week. :D

April said...

I love what you said to the girl...I've got a six year old boy you could try your luck with....you know the story. Just kidding. I hope Jim's ok. Grammy will love getting with you. I was showing Austin the Harborlites website and playing the music samples and he says, "why aren't you over there doing that too?? I thought you loved music??" I said so would you like me to be gone five hours Monday nights from now on? "Ok, I get it. Never mind," he said. I never knew that same intense kind of fun existed past high school choir. I'm so happy for you getting to be a part of the excitement.

Amie said...

Impressive that Jim's diet is going well. I wish mine were.

You are a great primary leader. I am so thankful for those!

Anonymous said...

Hey L#1,
I am impressed with all that you do. Tell Jim I think it's amazing what he's accomplishing. It's so hard to lose weight. Even after you lose it - it is hard to lose 4or 5 lbs. I'm addicted to the fire news. Have to go to check some fire websites. Ha.
L#2

Dar said...

That was funny, Barb. Grammy loved the evening with you! AND she went on and on about your singing that song for/with her. She felt bad that she sang along, she said she couldn't help it, knowing some of the words. Wish she was 30 years younger and she could join Harborlites, too!! She would've loved that! Between that and Smoothdancers, she would've been on Cloud 9, but of course, I wouldn't have had parents then at all!!! hahahhaa....love you honey! Mom

Dar said...

AND SHE SAID YOUR VOICE WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! WE KNOW THAT!!! I'D LOVE TO HAVE A CD.......:) XOXOX