




Hello everyone! I'm very excited to report that Harborlites Chorus are the new 2008 Sweet Adelines International Chorus Champions!!!!!
We won the Gold Medal!! It was soooo excited and nerve racking all at the same time. We rehearsed for 5 hours both Tues and Wed. of last week and then performed on Thursday at the semi-finals. We then went back on Saturday for the final (top 10 chorus) and won 1st place. There were a total of 35 chorus from all over the world. It has been sooooo exciting to say the least. We had a big party on Saturday night - everyone dressed up and of course we were wearing our medals!!!! The pictures are from that party. It kind of seems like a dream - I still can't believe it. We are definitely better than we all thought we were going into this thing. It's been hard to convince all of us of that. At each rehearsal we had leading up to the contest, we were getting more and more focused on what our job was. On Friday night, Pam (our director) kind of broke down and got all of us crying with her. She passed out a gift to all of us to wear at the performance on Saturday. It was a bracelet from St. Jude's that says, "Believe". It was a very nice thing and got us all thinking about how we can do it. This week has been a roller coaster of emotions.
My roommate and I went back to our hotel room after we won and started jumping up and down squealing. We were like little kids. hahaha
It's very nice to be back home again and to see Jim. He watched us on the webcast and got so excited about it that I think he's got the "BUG" too. He won't be missing the next year's convention! What a rush!! We were like celebrity's in the airport and on the airplane. They made an announcement congratulating all of us. It's really cool.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
WE WON, WE WON!!!!! WHOO HOO
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
10/14/2007 08:21:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Lady, that is AWESOME!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! That is big time lady. I am so happy for you and know that you worked your little tail off for a long time now. How exciting to win it all. GOOD JOB! I am so proud of you. What a fun group to be a part of and doing what you love...singing! I want to celebrate. Have a nice week,
Hi Lady,
I couldn't wait to see your blog this morning!! Congrats on your big win. You have worked so hard. It shows what hard work + dedication + passion gets you!!---A huge win!!!!!I remember how great I felt watching all of you - it made me feel so happy! I thought wow-look at all these ladies up there having so much fun doing what they love and absolutely making everyone around them happy!This is the kind of thing that needs to be on the 5,6,11 Oclock news not all the negative news. Have a great day.
Love,
Marilyn
Thanks for all your comments - we're all on cloud 9 right now. Marilyn, have you thought about joining???? There's a lot of people in the chorus that live in Murrieta and you could carpool. It would be sooooo much fun.
Congratulations! I can feel your happiness just reading about it. I love that all of your hard work paid off! You look so great in the pictures!!!
YAYYYYY BARBIE!!! I'm so happy for you. What a great experience you've been through. I remember getting teary-eyed at the last choir concerts of the year in high school----thinking that nothing would ever be that exciting or intense ever again. (For me it wasn't) But how thrilling for you to get to go on and be performing in the "BIG TIME" stuff. Keep it up and I hope to be there with you someday. At least at the next annual show. We'll never miss it!!!
What a great feat and what wonderful comments! This has surely brought much happiness to all of us! I'm bringing Grammy to the next practice when I can be there on a Monday evening....She'll love it, love it, love it!! If this was miraculously taken back to 1957, she'd have wanted to be there!!! CENTER FRONT!!! Hahahahhaa.....Great job, Barbie!!!!
Post a Comment