Saturday, November 10, 2007

Time is flying around here!!!!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I wrote on this blog. That is unexcusable!!

Work has been very crazy with the top chiefs looking to add to my job description. I am trying out a new hairdresser today. I had to go step by step and tell the other one what to do. For example, "Oh, can you just even this out so it matches with the other side". After you go round and round with saying that, you pretty much have to decide to go elsewhere.

Anyway, Jim and I cleaned the house together this morning and it really looks nice. We did a more thorough cleaning and it shows!! Why don't I always do that?? It really didn't take us that long when we're both working at it.

I'm in charge of sharing time tomorrow in Primary so I'm doing it on having gratitude and having them pick things out of a bag and decide if they are spiritual/eternal gifts and then have the "earthly" things like cars/money/expensive clothing, etc. Should be fun. I only have 15 min, so I have to get it done quickly. If anyone has any suggestions to add to my thought process for this, please comment!

I'll post some pictures of Mitty's Baptism weekend tomorrow when I'll have more time.

5 comments:

Dar said...

BARBIE, I'M DOING SHARING TIME TOO. I MADE A HOUSE OUT OF AN ARCHIVE BOX AND LEFT THE LID UNFOLDED TO MAKE THE ROOF OF THE HOUSE. I BENT IT IN THE MIDDLE, CROSS-WISE AND THEN TUCKED THE LITTLE END FLAPS IN SO THEY WOULD BE ON THE INSIDE OF THE HOUSE AT THE CORNERS. I THEN PAINTED IT AND IT LOOKS SO CUTE, "I CAIN'T EVEN B'LEEVE IT!!" HAHHA...ANYWAY, IT IS CUTE...ITS A YELLOW FRAME HOUSE WITH A RED FRONT DOOR W/BLACK TRIM AND BLACK SHUTTERS ON THE WHITE FRENCH WINDOWS. THE HOUSE HAS A RED BRICK CHIMNEY AND LOVELY BUSHES AND GRASS ALL AROUND IT. IT HAS A SCREENED BACK DOOR AND BACK PATIO...HAHHAHA...IT'S JUST AN ARCHIVE BOX. I CUT OUT ALL KINDS OF THINGS THAT WE CAN BE THANKFUL FOR AND WILL HAVE THEM PICK OUT OF THE HOUSE.....THEY WILL HAVE TO STICK THEIR HANDS IN AT THE TOP OF THE HOUSE...WELL, IN THROUGH THE ATTIC AREA. HAHAHHA...AND THEN PICK ONE OF THE ITEMS AND SEE IF THEY KNOW WHAT IT IS. IT WILL BE FUN! WISH WE WERE IN THE SAME WARD, OR AT LEAST THE SAME AREA....HINT, HINT. XOXOOX, MOM

Aunty Barbs said...

Cute house!! I might need to borry it sometime. I'll give you my pres mtg notes if you let me use your artsy/crafty props for sharing time??!! hahaha

Amie said...

It sounds like we need a picture Darla!

I wish you guys were my kids primary leaders (just because I like you not because there is anything wrong with theirs). Cute ideas.

My house needs a better than normal clean too. I know I love it when it is all done and yet I fight myself about doing it. We are having Thanksgiving here next week so I hope that will be motivation to get it in better shape!

April said...

I'm sure you did great on the sharing time. Do you have a big primary? Do you run through the whole singing time/sharing time twice for both a Junior and Senior primary?

Aunty Barbs said...

April, yes we do have Jr & Sr Primary. We have about 45-50 kids that come each week. It works out ok. This past Sunday I also played the piano for the Sr. Primary. I really got used to switching hats in the Palm Springs Ward so that was nothing!