Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Back to a better reality!

I have experienced a real change of mood and direction this week. Well, actually it was on Tuesday. Monday at work was one of those days that all I could think about was how I was going to escape and run for the hills. I had a horrible attitude and it felt like everything that was going wrong or that seemed difficult was absolutely insurmountable! I think I mentally hit rock bottom because I woke up on Tuesday with an entirely different feeling - I felt a lot more like myself and was starting to keep things in perspective. You know, just realizing that this is just a job-it doesn't define who I am, and the work will be there tomorrow too.

Ultimately, I hit the gym and not just to walk on the treadmill or do the elliptical for 30 min., I did the kickboxing class (which nearly killed me-hahaha)! It was really hard to get right back into the swing (and kick) of things, but I felt exhilarated afterwards. Even this morning I felt like I had a lot more energy.

Jim is attending a board meeting tonight for a new association that we started managing as of Jan 1st. It's not very far from here, but because it's the first meeting, it will probably be around 3 hours long. We have been getting into watching the Australian Open tennis lately. Some of the matches are really exciting. There was a guy from Cypress that started a match with an Australian guy at 11:40pm and it went until after 4:30 in the morning!!! It was crazy. The Greek guy from Cypress had his own little cheering section that was getting into in the stands cheering and taking their shirts off and waving them around. The Australian won and the crowd went nuts. It made me want to attend one of these tennis Opens one day and be there in person.

Only 2 more days until the weekend. I'm looking forward to going to see a show on Sat. night - they're highlighting Andrew Lloyd Weber's music - should be great. Oh, I signed up for netflix and we love it. It's a lot of fun to look up some of the old movies that you haven't seen in years and have them come in the mail.

3 comments:

Buffy said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I especially like to see a new post on here. :D SOunds like you hit the gym hard for first getting back into it. You gotta do what you gotta do, right? Those games can be exciting.

You need to get up here and play tennis on the Wii. It is fun. Have a fun weekend and we'll talk soon.

April said...

Glad you're feeling better. We did netflix for quite a while. It was great. As far as old movies go, I have to recommend renting "The Long, Long Trailer" with Lucille Ball, and "Father of the Bride". Remember the guy who planned the wedding named, "Fronk"? He was so funny! Hope things get going a little smoother for you.

Aunty Barbs said...

Thank you ladies for your comments. It has been a better week but I'm just as happy that it's FRIDAY!!!!