I can't believe it has been this long since I posted something - no, I guess I can believe it - it's been craaaaaaazzzzzzzy here. Actually, the craziness has been at work. Jim is acquiring the section of business that he's been working with this past year and starting up a new office (it will be known as the "LA Office"). It's very exciting but there is so much work to do to get ready. This will all take place Jan 1st. The company we've been working for this past year will have to lay off 3 people during this process, so it's been hard dealing with that. When all is said and done, it will be the best thing for everyone.
That said, I finally started to do some Christmas shopping this past weekend and I'm really no way near finished. Each year I think of how we should just do without the buying of gifts and donate our time and money to the needy around us. It's hard to buy for people that have what they need. Maybe I just need to do more research in finding out what these people on my list need, huh? haha
It's difficult buying for Jim because I don't know how much I have to spend on him. I don't like buying things for his Christmas present that I would normally buy for him on a routine basis throughout the year (you know like underwear, socks, clothes, etc.) Maybe something for his new "Office" desk??? I don't know. My mind is so cluttered with all the details of this job and the new one we're going to start, that I'm having a hard time departmentalizing everything and making room for anything else.
Our chorus spent last Saturday getting together and sending "Singing Christmas Cards" - it was a lot of fun to all be together and singing into the speaker phone. We were at a highrise office building near Southcoast Plaza in their conference room, standing around the table, making a phone call and singing every 3 minutes. It was great. Then, Jim and I had dinner with his brother & sister (Mark & Sharyn). It was fun to see them react when they saw how much thinner Jim is now. He has lost 66 lbs. since Sept. 25th!! It's amazing.
I was able to meet up with my great friend Renee. We had dinner at Walt's Wharf in Seal Beach and had a great time catching up on things, laughing, and comparing notes with what so and so is doing and who has moved, gotten married, divorced, etc. etc. We realized that our 20 year high school reunion in this summer so we're really excited about that.
That's about it folks. I'm hoping to keep up with this blogging a little better now. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season and able to spend some quality time with their families. Love you all!!!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Has it really been more than a month.....
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
12/18/2007 08:14:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment