Sunday, December 30, 2007

End of year and a big sigh!!!

Well folks, what a month it has been and actually quite an interesting year! 2007 included a move in Jan., new job in Feb & June, overall lack of kickboxing :(, Jim's big birthday, Mom's big birthday, our 10th wedding anniversary, a couple trips to Las Vegas, lots of work, no work at all, being able to see Grammie a lot more, family gatherings at home, Ressa's baptism at April's, Easter and Thanksgiving gatherings at Marilyn's, Mitty's baptism and gathering up at Steph's, Mike and Danny spending a lot more time here with me :), business acquisition and mergers, lots of anguish with work and transitional issues, lots of love and patience, Aunt Wynne's passing, lots of rehearsing with Harborlites, winning 1st place at International in Calgary, new calling as 1st counselor in Primary, new ward, making new friends, Jim's liquid diet and all that goes with that, beautiful weather, cool summer by the beach.

I guess that's it in a nutshell. Of course I'm forgetting a bunch of other great things that have happened this year. 2008 is going to be a wonderful year, because I'm going to do all I can to keep it peaceful, loving, enjoyable, prayerful, service-oriented, breezy, goals in mind.

Here are some goals I'm setting for myself:

1) Get plenty of rest
2) Drink all my water each day
3) Eat healthier by cutting down on excess sugars/salt/fat, etc., etc.
4) Get back to going to the gym and taking classes on a regular basis (ie. kickboxing, step, elyptical, etc.)
5) Get my visiting teaching done early in the month.
6) Spend more time each week on my calling at church (Primary)
7) Hire a housekeeper
8) Keep up on the blogging (journaling)
9) Be better at time management
10) Go on more dates with Jim
11) Plan my meals in advance
12) Have the right foods in the house at all times

This should be a good list to start out with. Let's see how many I can keep up with. Should be interesting.....

4 comments:

Dar said...

Hi honey!! I can't believe that i can finally get a comment to come up!!! My pc has been sooo slow that it would finally just go to the "disconnected from the internet" page.

I loved your goals, most of which are mine, as well. More rest and visiting teaching....going to see this one elderly lady that I have yet to meet! Feel bad about that.

Well, I'll go and get to bed... Love you!!! Mom

Buffy said...

Great goals lady!! I love the picture of the girls. Too cute. It was fun getting to spend time with you guys over the holiday's. I enjoyed it!

Amie said...

Great goals. I need to do my goal post too...

I enjoyed your recap of 2007. I love that some of it was familiar thanks to blogging.

It was very fun to see you guys!

April said...

Barbie I love your goals. I may as well just copy and paste them onto my blog. :D You always seem to do what you set out to do. Always an inspiration you are!