I can't believe it's been so long since I last entered a blog and that I'm sick again. I was sick 2 weeks ago with the stomach flu and now I've gotten a cold. I'm thinking being around a bunch of people at the Regional Convention in Phoenix or maybe even the plane. Airplanes are known for their contamination in the air. I should have been downing the airborne, but I was feeling so good. Why don't I learn those lessons and just take it once a week whether I need it or not.
Went to work this morning and had Jim bring me home around 10:45. I need to just lay in bed and stop worrying about what's going on at work. It will all be there tomorrow too. I have a theory that I've been getting more sick lately because of the stress at work. It's a killer - I've heard it everywhere.
Jim and I are still enjoying ordering the netflix. I don't know why it's so much fun to get those dvd's in the mail. It's also entertaining looking up old movies that you haven't seen in years and putting them in our "que". I think Mike and Danny have signed up too. Maybe you are all doing it and I'm way behind the curve on this one.
A little side note on Harborlites (Sweet Adeline Chorus)- we had a great rehearsal last night and the feedback from our performance in Phoenix was awesome. We really are top notch. I've been carpooling with 2 ladies that live in Rossmoor and Long Beach and as we drove up we were almost late and the one lady was saying how she couldn't believe we would have rehearsal after an all-weekend event and I just said, we're champions and there is a reason we keep at it. Then, she said (jokingly) that I had been brainwashed too. At that point, I ended it with, "I love winning - it feels great!". We all agreed.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Sick again, ugh!
Posted by
Aunty Barbs
at
4/15/2008 12:30:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
WOW....wish I had been in Phoenix to hear you all! I know you're good, no doubt about it! :) When are you performing again in SO CAL??
I don't think it's just you getting sick...everyone is and it's just a repeater bug! I remember when you were all home and we were all sick, or taking turns for 4 mos......from January through April!!That was in the early 80's, I think. I think it's come back around.
Just lay back and enjoy the time you have to just lounge. Love you!! Mom
I'm glad that you came home from work to rest... it sounds like you really need it!
We did Netflix for a bit a couple of years ago... it is fun to have movies delivered right to your door!
Hope you get feeling back to normal soon!
That's awesome Barbie. Your group really is the best. The performances are just pure perfection! Any other group would be a real drag... Hope you get to feeling better. Did you get a flu shot this year? I swear by those now. Netflix is fun. Try renting "The long, long trailer" for some real good laughs. It's hillarious!
Your blog corner is missed. I know you are busy and I don't blame you a bit! I can't bring myself to spend time writing on something that isn't being sent anywhere. I have a little, teeny surprise for you...it's so cute I couldn't pass it up. Love, Ma
Post a Comment